[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john pretzel

sanya02

Turtle Medic

Minus has been MIA for a few days and has not been able to update his mod, so here is a fanpatch with all the current fixes in this thread and some others that were not mentioned, downloads going to have

-Removed Bionic Shoulders (because they no longer work as intended)
-Ears and jaws can be affected by frostbite again (they were missing the frostbite tag)
-The organ vat will no longer cause colonists to starve themselves if there is a long Queue
-Glass eyes are craft-able from any type of rock, not just granite (a carry over from my lazy update)

and because this is from my personal version and I'm too lazy to change this because it would take a bit, this adds noses to the organ vat that can be grown, and installed onto colonists but not harvested (no "I got your nose!" shenanigans).

NOTE: make sure you do not have any bionic shoulders in your colony if you use this otherwise you will crash, other than that, its save game compatible.

EDIT: lul, I forgot the download

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Asero

Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 28, 2014, 06:35:23 PM
Minus has been MIA for a few days and has not been able to update his mod, so here is a fanpatch with all the current fixes in this thread and some others that were not mentioned, downloads going to have

Thanks for the update. Had the colonist starving issue as I normally have long lists pending at the organ vats.

Luckily I haven't really started using bionic shoulders yet...

sanya02

The error in the main menu! But why havent TableMaterials?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Turtle Medic

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 28, 2014, 02:18:39 AM
So I guess this is sort of a limitation, but it seems that you can harvest limbs even if parts of them (e.g. foot, hand) have been destroyed. What's more, you can then graft it back on and hey presto, the colonist has a new hand (or foot)!

yea, its a limitation
The only way I can think of to stop cheese with something like that is to disable harvesting of non vital organs and have all replacement organs come from the organ vat, with flavor text like "genetically engineered to adapt to its host physiology to avoid rejection, but is an irreversible process, so the limb is useless to others once installed."

or something like that

Edit: minor typos

Libertha

please whenever you update this next add:
1) Bionic Spine = Used to repair Bad Back / Torso / Neck

love this mod.

BinaryBlackhole

When I download this it doesn't come as a file how do I fix this

harpo99999

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on December 31, 2014, 08:43:42 PM
When I download this it doesn't come as a file how do I fix this
first you need a rar archive managing program like winrar (on windows machines) or7zip (again a windows program)(sorry but I do not know other oses)
then you should be able to extract the contents of the rar to your mods folder, then enable in the mods menu of rimworld

Bearsbandit53

How do you craft an AI Chip? When it is queued, none of my colonist will touch the table, but they will do everything else I order.

Dragoon

do you have the items (I've been there you think you would have it but you don't )
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Bearsbandit53

I do, and the skill as well, but it still won't craft.

john pretzel

The gold quantity is wrong in description. Is a lot more.

Xubrim

Quote from: john pretzel on January 01, 2015, 08:40:29 PM
The gold quantity is wrong in description. Is a lot more.

Changing gold to required in the recipe (\SurgeryExtendedAndBionics\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_ProstheticWorkbench.xml) will fix it. I'm sort of lost on how alpha 8 changing the stack size made the count go wonky, but if you put "1" in the count line instead of "25", it will require 20 gold instead. Close enough for me. All the mods I've noticed which require gold seemed to have this problem.