[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybergoth

Duros001

How difficult is it to extend the surgery features to animals? I'm guessing you all know where I'm going with this lol. Imagine a soldier with the heart power of an Alpha Muffalow! Mwahaha!

Love the mod by the way :D

chaotix14

Quote from: Duros001 on January 11, 2015, 09:29:16 AM
How difficult is it to extend the surgery features to animals? I'm guessing you all know where I'm going with this lol. Imagine a soldier with the heart power of an Alpha Muffalow! Mwahaha!

Love the mod by the way :D
I am probably not the only one who was reminded of this the very moment they read that post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lSzUMBJnc#t=62

HelpzTePoopies

BUG

If person with bionic parts is killed, you can harvest infinite parts from the dead body.

Xubrim

That's a known bug with alpha 8, not Extended Surgery. Should be fixed in the next alpha.

Hayhorse

*Harvest 20 synthetic livers thinking they are not being removed*

Gedsaro

Bug: Most recent turtle fix version.
While the bionic shoulder has been removed, arm parts still can't be attached to a missing shoulder.

It looks like the surgeries in Recipes_Medical and Recipe_Prosthetics (I think those are the only files) have not been updated for A8.

Below is how the various install arm type surgeries look for where the part gets attached to(old way):
Quote<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
      <li>LeftArm</li>
      <li>RightArm</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
-----
This is how it should be instead to match up with Alpha8
      <li>LeftShoulder</li>
      <li>RightShoulder</li>

Basically, in any of the surgery files that install arm parts, <appliedOnFixedBodyParts> needs to have Arm, changed to Shoulder.

Mr Fun

Quote from: Gedsaro on January 14, 2015, 06:36:15 PM
Bug: Most recent turtle fix version.
While the bionic shoulder has been removed, arm parts still can't be attached to a missing shoulder.

It looks like the surgeries in Recipes_Medical and Recipe_Prosthetics (I think those are the only files) have not been updated for A8.

Below is how the various install arm type surgeries look for where the part gets attached to(old way):
      <li>LeftArm</li>
      <li>RightArm</li>
-----
This is how it should be instead to match up with Alpha8
      <li>LeftShoulder</li>
      <li>RightShoulder</li>

Basically, in any of the surgery files that install arm parts, <appliedOnFixedBodyParts> needs to have Arm, changed to Shoulder.

Thanks man, I removed my elitest shoters arms to give him power arms... and couldn't put them back on! Your post saved him! Thanks so much.

MatyCZE

Hello,I can't craft AI Chip. I have enought materials and I already made several things from the PWB.

200Down

Good mod and everything seems to work well enough but way too over the top for my taste. I mean my lowly colonists growing body parts in vats......, creating any bionic....., oh my....

How hard would it be to make a "toned down" more "vanilla friendly" version of this?

Here's my wishlist after about 50ish hours of play with it:

1........"Bionic" and "Synthetic" variants ONLY available through traders and 2k+ pricing(consider it glitterworld tech if it must be justified).
2........We can craft just the basic replacements that have "down sides", Eye patch, prosthetic limbs, hook hands, maybe tracks, etc...
3........Vats = Removed (Cool idea and honestly quite fun but just not needed with everything else available. Plus, all morality aside...., chop em up...., grow some more...., why not grow our own pirates for target practice while we're at it? I guess my colonists do get quite bored waiting for the next attack.  ;D
4........No harvesting options available on your own colonists accept maybe parts you can live without like one side of a lung or liver. Slaves maybe, but in general the harvesting just KILLS balance imo. It really needs a larger penalty even in the base game.
5........And last but def not least. No item drop from harvesting "damaged" body parts. Currently removing a damaged part and reinstalling it works as installing a new part. Yea, this part is quite broken and I'm guessing it's outside the limits of the current alpha. Just thought I'd point it out anyway.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not in any way ditching the mod as it's one of the better ones I've used.  Just wishing for something....... "less".  Not often you see someone asking for "less" in a mod.  I did look into editing it for my own tastes but my word.... it's a web of limbs and body parts spread into a couple dozen xml's. It looks almost easier to start from scratch but I don't have the ambition to do that when I know all the work is already done  :P.

Also, are the "brains" available from slavers from this mod or the base game? Just curious and wondering if it was put in there as flavor or if it's really part of this mod. Regardless, it gave me a good tummy laugh when I saw one for sale :)

Just imagine...., drunken male miner gets shot in the head. Receives female sex slave's brain as a transplant. Now that's good TV let alone a game if only our colonists had some personality. Anddd.... of the rails I go... weeeeee......

Ykara

Halp! I've downloaded the Turtlefix and now I can't open my savegame because I had a colonist with a bionic shoulder :( Is there a way to fix this or is my savegame doomed?

Grizzlyadamz

If there isn't a copy of the original mod available for download, I'd try to open up one of the body part definition files, (I recommend notepad++ if you don't already have it), and then writing up your own placeholder definition for it.
Basically just telling the game a 'bionic shoulder' is a body part or something so the game stops having conniptions.

Try copy-pasting one of the entries that's already in there & renaming it to Bionic_shoulder or whatever the debug log complains about when you try to start the game.
There're like 3 definition files, so it might take a couple tries, but it shouldn't take long.

Ykara

Thanks, I've alreay tried it, unfortunately it still doesn't work. But I guess I'll keep on trying since I've deleted the old version of the mod.

200Down

Quote from: Ykara on February 07, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
Thanks, I've alreay tried it, unfortunately it still doesn't work. But I guess I'll keep on trying since I've deleted the old version of the mod.

Eww, yeah you are likely boned if you have nothing to revert to.

In the future this may help:

Mods and patches to mods that only adjust "values" will usually work on any save. For instance simple edits to weapons stats like adjusting damage, range, and accuracy values will work fine.

On the other hand, if the mod or patch in question adds or removes entire content, especially new objects, or edits an existing item's textures in any way it's a safe bet that something will be screwy. This is just a RW mod issue currently. Yet to have this odd problem with mod textures in any other game. But alpha is alpha and I'm sure this won't be the last odd thing that we see in the modding scene.

Also try this as it works for some people. Fire up the game and remove the mod in question, then restart the game, add the mod yet AGAIN and restart AGAIN. Then try loading up the save.

Good luck, I learned the hard way loosing plenty of saves myself. Through trial and error(and some helpful forum members) I'm currently on my 5th colony in the same world which I almost entirely credit to being selective with mods that I add and remove. That and I never even bother updating mods unless I plan on starting a new world.

Eventually you'll find your "happy" place with all your favorite mods and really get to settle into game :) I'm not "quite" there yet but I'm looking forward to it lolz.

Ykara

Thank you, I'll be more careful next time ^^ Fortunately I was able to add the bionic shoulders to the turtle version and my savefile loaded. I removed the shoulder of my pawn, installed the original turtle fix version again and now it works again ^^ Thank you, I'll keep backups of my mods from now on.