Can't build on a tile surrounded by structures

Started by CosmicKobal, November 06, 2013, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicKobal

So far this has been reproducable in every single game. My file size is too large to be posted, but imagine this:

XXX
    X0X
    XXX

If the 'X's are fully constructed sandbags and the '0' is empty space with no foliage or slag or anything, I have found that I can't build anything in that empty space. I can pay the cost and put down a blueprint, but construction will always stop around halfway and will never finish.

EDIT: I tried to take a screenshot, but anytime i take screen shots of Rimworld, it just takes a screen shot of my desktop instead...

added a pic

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

baronskippy

I've had this problem. Not only will they not build but they won't repair and I've noticed they won't pick up bodies or weapons that fall in the "squashed" sandbags.

Lechai

Although this is quite annoying, I'm pretty sure it isn't a bug. Colonists need to be standing on a adjacent tile that is unoccupied. As all the adjacent tiles aren't empty of structures they can't build there. Sell an adjacent sandbag and they will have room to stand there and build it.

XXX
->  ooX
     XXX

CosmicKobal

Quote from: Lechai on November 07, 2013, 03:36:10 AM
Although this is quite annoying, I'm pretty sure it isn't a bug. Colonists need to be standing on a adjacent tile that is unoccupied. As all the adjacent tiles aren't empty of structures they can't build there. Sell an adjacent sandbag and they will have room to stand there and build it.

XXX
->  ooX
     XXX

thanks, that makes sense... kind of kills my idea to create a killing field filled with sandbags where enemies can't take cover or shoot though... :(

SteveAdamo

thanks for the report...

this is a known issue, and has been entered in the bug report system (i reported it myself yesterday)...

Tynan is aware, and mentioned this is a general bug where nothing builds if surrounded by non-standable squares...

enystrom8734

E Nystrom - @enystrom8734