[MOD] (Alpha 10) Brain Surgery

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutromancer

I've also harvested a brain and am not seeing an option to install it to my colonist.

Turtle Medic

Minus made the mod fine, it just has an unlisted dependency on new recipe nurse because the medical recipes is missing about 6 lines of code.

I've added them in and the mod no longer requires new recipe nurse, Ill attach it as a download.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Neutromancer

Thanks, I downloaded the latest version but I suppose the file name hadn't changed.

I'm adding the new recipe nurse anyway since it seems other mods may be derping too because of it. It seems alright now (haven't updated the BrainSurgery mod in my game yet).

john pretzel

Great turtle medic, as soon as I can I'll try it.  :)

kenobi87

Thanks for the update. Haven't tested it yet but will soon. Thanks!

john pretzel

I've tried it now, and brain install is still not in the list - I try installing a chip and replace, and also brain damage to replace, none worked.  :-[

Turtle, did you just updated the dependency of recipe nurse?

Minus

Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 29, 2014, 10:26:40 AM
Minus made the mod fine, it just has an unlisted dependency on new recipe nurse because the medical recipes is missing about 6 lines of code.

I've added them in and the mod no longer requires new recipe nurse, Ill attach it as a download.
Didn't know recipe nurse needed more than the medical operation speed thingy to work. But anyway I've updated first post. Recipe Nurse not needed. It was a single line of code missing.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Ksajimato

Brain is not going into stockpiles, any solution?

skullywag

So challenge for alpha 9, when harvesting a brain make it store the "personality" of the pawn, then make it imprint on the new pawn that receives it.

For the above post does the brain have:

<thingCategories>
      <li>BodyParts</li>
    </thingCategories>
in the def, it needs it if not.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zav

First mod I have ever installed!  Couple of things:

1:  No one actually executes this surgery, I harvested a brain successfully, scheduled a guy for brain surgery successfully as well.  I try to assign a medical person to prioritize the surgery but it doesn't recognize that theres any action to perform on the guy in the hospital bed.  Also if I just wait for the game to auto-assign a medical person to do it, the surgery never happens.  The operation is billed on the character, and the status section recognizes that a colonist is waiting for an operation though.

2:  Can't assign the brain to a stockpile, the storage options for body parts lacks a category for brains

Minus

Alpha 10 compatible, with storage issues fixed, I think.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

No

Colonists and prisoners don't get a mood debuff for harvesting a bodypart form a prisoner like they usually do when you harvest a brain.

Decent mod toough, thank you, hope you'll fix that eventually.

Remorium

Is someone going to update this to Alpha 11B? Someone had to do so for Minus's other surgery mod, and this one is pretty useful.