[MOD] (Alpha 10) Brain Surgery

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus

Another minimal Minus mod!

Brain surgery was coded into the game, but then disabled. This simply re-enables it. I tried making it only work when researched but that failed. So here it is as simple as can be! Download the attachment.

The A7 version has been left up under the name "BrainRemoval". Don't get that one by mistake.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

rchaves007

damn ur good! i really love the mechanics behind the surgeries... one of my favorite aspects... is this compatible with your surgery mod and MBP?

Minus

Quote from: rchaves007 on October 21, 2014, 07:49:14 PM
damn ur good! i really love the mechanics behind the surgeries... one of my favorite aspects... is this compatible with your surgery mod and MBP?
Gonna say, probably. However even if it works, it's not gonna go well with them. Both mods have their own brain implants already and don't really need this mod.
Also thanks!

Minus

This mod is compatible with Extended Surgery even though that mod has it's own brain modifiers already. Should be compatible with others too. Updated to Alpha 8!

Girlinhat

What does this... do?  Like, what's the effect?

elStrages

Quote from: Girlinhat on December 22, 2014, 06:43:41 PM
[/quotes] get shot in the brain.. BOOM brain surgery saves the day

Minus

Quote from: Girlinhat on December 22, 2014, 06:43:41 PM
I did say already, and the name of the mod is pretty clear. It let's you harvest brains, as well was implant brains, as you would any other organ. Naturally harvesting a brain kills a colonist.

This was removed in the main game presumebly because a brain transplant has other implications thta cannot yet be coded in. But if you want an easy way to cure a colonist of brain damage than this is the solution. If you're using a more advanced mod with their own solutions though then this isn't a very useful mod.

john pretzel

This is a good mod to have in game. Sometimes there's colonists shot in the head that spend the rest of their lives in bed due to coma - brain dead. So, if you get someone and transplant its brain to your beloved colonist, it will come back to life again.

It's pretty sad when your colony hero turns a vegetable and puts you thinking on what to do with him.  :-[

kenobi87

I have harvested a brain and im not seeing an option to "install" a brain in my colonist via the add bill option. I tried when he was resting or walking around and nothing. Any special factors I need to know to get this to work?

john pretzel

In alpha 7 I swapped one on a guy that wouldn't leave bed.

In this alpha, I had one guy with damaged  brain, he could walk but fell on the ground after a while. Only solved through an AI chip.

kenobi87

I'm unsure of what you mean. Do you have to have an AI core along with a brain to install a new brain in a damaged colonist? Also when you say your colonist fell on the ground after awhile does that mean he had to be injured or knocked out before you were able to do the operation?

john pretzel

The colonist was dumbed down from his permanent injury, and moved very slowly, then fell on the floor and I had to save him to a bed  ;D repetively

I made an ai chip to install on him, but the spare brain wasn't used. This fixed the guy. I have yet to check if brains are usable and in what circunstances. (The case above wasn't)

john pretzel

Tried simulating a brain wound like the one I saw in alpha 7 and even with a spare brain I couldn't command the surgery.

kenobi87

That is exactly what is happening to me unfortunately. Also that poor colonist had a brain scratch? how do you get your brain scratched? lol anyways I hope a solution or update comes soon.

john pretzel

Quote from: kenobi87 on December 24, 2014, 12:32:35 PM
That is exactly what is happening to me unfortunately. Also that poor colonist had a brain scratch? how do you get your brain scratched? lol anyways I hope a solution or update comes soon.

Yes, hope it's fixed, this mod is funny.

To create the injury, use debug actions menu, pick "apply damage" and the rest you explore. It was easy.