[MOD] (Alpha 7) Programing Mod! Version 1! Computer + Programs!

Started by blaze7736, October 22, 2014, 06:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze7736

Hey guys and welcome to my 3rd mod. This mod is one that allows your colonist to write programs, these programs will have many forms and uses from Trade to Entertainment. So Enjoy and i hope to hear some good feedback. To clarify at this stage this mod only allows you to produce items for sale with traders but i want to hear your feedback and ideas.
The Computer:

Whats in the Mod:
Computers
Simple and Advanced Programs

Versions
V1
Added Computer
Added Simple Program
Added Advanced Program

Other Mods by me:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6925.msg68137#msg68137
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6811.msg66757#msg66757

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tsilliev

This is good idea, my colonists get up and work till they go to sleep, they deserve some time off, some breaks, and play a game for entertainment, their mood will increase, on the other hand if they dont, they will get upset effect that stacks. I see this in the future.  :D

Could you put some pictures?

skullywag

Gonna need some more info on this? What exactly does it do?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rikiki

It adds some "programs on a CD" you can manufacture at a computer and sell them.
The market value is too OP in my opinion (only 4 silvers and 1500 work time for 200 market value...).

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Girlinhat

Quote from: skullywag on October 22, 2014, 08:34:19 AM
So no programming....
It sounds like an economy mod - adds items that you produce and sell.  Nothing more.

blaze7736

Okay at this stage all i have added is a computer where your colonist can take silver and write a programs to sell however i plan to expand so you can write specific programs you can install onto the colonist once you have installed a neural processor. If you have any more ideas and would like to help with this mod i would appreciate it. 

ccheuer

Quote from: blaze7736 on October 22, 2014, 06:41:26 AM
Hey guys and welcome to my 3rd mod. This mod is one that allows your colonist to write programs, these programs will have many forms and uses from Trade to Entertainment. So Enjoy and i hope to hear some good feedback. To clarify at this stage this mod only allows you to produce items for sale with traders but i want to hear your feedback and ideas.

Whats in the Mod:
Computers
Simple and Advanced Programs

Versions
V1
Added Computer
Added Simple Program
Added Advanced Program

Other Mods by me:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6925.msg68137#msg68137
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6811.msg66757#msg66757

You should have them play rimworld...

Tsilliev

You should have them play rimworld...
[/quote]

Rimception.

Anyway to the point, now  your colonists can sit and start programming but by all means you will not program or what were you expecting Skullywag,Girlinhat? On the stonecutting table, when the colonist places a rock, instead of a mouse pointer, a hammer or a saw will appear and you will start cutting the stone? lol

The colonists just like in the stonecutting table do their thing, in the computer they sit and depending on their programming skill or research skill they create different kind of quality aps.

An idea would be the colonists to be able to get mood boost from a created app by a programmer colonist, its like you buy a PC or create it, then you put a researcher colonist, it will take him a few days to create something, and later every colonist at the end of the day for an hour or two they will "play" on the computer, and depending on the app that the researcher colonist made it will give these kind of mood effect, like ~+5 for 1.0 day. If there is only 1 computer, only 1 colonist will be able to sit and play the others will go straight to bed.
Of course you can copy the app on a disk and sell it, or you can buy another disk with an app from a trader and install the app for 1-2 hours.

Instead for games, you can use the PC for other things of course, like connect to the universal internet lol and check when the next trader ships are going to come by or put a colonist with social or trading skill and let them generate silver by trading stocks on space forex lol.

blaze7736

Yes that was exactly what i though when i decided to start making this mod tsilliev and i love your ideas especially the stocks and yes i plan to make it that you can buy rimworld because Rimception. There is alot i wish to do and i want to have feedback all the way this is my 3rd mod but i want to take it far as it has alot of potential i believe so the more i learn the better this mod will become. A big Part i want to make is the neural processors and programs that effect them so for example you install one on a colonist you then install the "No cares" Program and the colonist is always happy but his shooting and Mella go down. If you want to help i am more then happy for you to msg me what you think you can do as i am i need of textures as i am a shocking artist but keep the ideas coming and tell me what you want to see and we can see if we can make it a reality in this mod.   

Defection

colonists should program brain implant chips before they are implanted in brain,
and maybe program AI core then create it (ofcourse that would not be a cheap process) for droids or something else

Tsilliev

Quote from: blaze7736 on October 23, 2014, 06:10:24 AM
Yes that was exactly what i though when i decided to start making this mod tsilliev and i love your ideas especially the stocks and yes i plan to make it that you can buy rimworld because Rimception. There is alot i wish to do and i want to have feedback all the way this is my 3rd mod but i want to take it far as it has alot of potential i believe so the more i learn the better this mod will become. A big Part i want to make is the neural processors and programs that effect them so for example you install one on a colonist you then install the "No cares" Program and the colonist is always happy but his shooting and Mella go down. If you want to help i am more then happy for you to msg me what you think you can do as i am i need of textures as i am a shocking artist but keep the ideas coming and tell me what you want to see and we can see if we can make it a reality in this mod.   
Yes I like the idea, at the end your colonists become borgs, from star trek, mechanized right eye, brain implants, half mechanized body, they are more ressitant to attacks and they dont feel bad just obey, but are generally slow in almost everything.
So you could make brain implant that increases shooting skills, but takes longer to compute the variables of the target and then shoot, ie slows his shooting down.
I can give other examples, but at the end, we need a balance, but at the end, if he haves many brain implants, overall he will become more of a cyborg or a robot, and we know that robots are not so quick when it comes to growing,cooking,researching,socializing or being artist, but better at shooting,melee,crafting,construction and medicine. Makes them run faster and be able to take more damage,endure pain and eliminate mental breakout.
Quote from: Defection on October 23, 2014, 07:17:20 AM
colonists should program brain implant chips before they are implanted in brain,
and maybe program AI core then create it (ofcourse that would not be a cheap process) for droids or something else
Its good idea too, making a drone with only one skill, like only grower or shooter, but cant have social,researcher,artistic. And he may not be able to learn and improve further the skill.