Automatic stripping before/druing cremation

Started by ZephyrSly, October 23, 2014, 06:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

It's a good idea.

I considered it before, for butchering. It seemed really gruesome to me at the time; having colonists industrially stripping dead people for butchering. Now it just seems logical and strategic! Oh how this game has desensitized me.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Wex

Quote from: Tynan on October 28, 2014, 12:30:01 AM
It's a good idea.

I considered it before, for butchering. It seemed really gruesome to me at the time; having colonists industrially stripping dead people for butchering. Now it just seems logical and strategic! Oh how this game has desensitized me.
I tought that ship sailed away with slave traders...  ;D
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Cimanyd

Now it just seems logical and strategic! Oh how this game has desensitized me.

So that's why you didn't remember to have organ-harvesting-to-death have a morale penalty in A7! :D
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ZephyrSly

It's a good idea.

Thanks! :)

Actually, when I think about it from the colonists point of view - which I do a lot! and can lead to really funny moments! - I suppose it would make sense for them to begin stripping people down. After seeing so many deaths and raids (one of my colonies has been through 60+ raids now) with the end result being dozens of bodies, it wouldn't suprise me if they were desensitized to death in general.
SHOOGER, LOTS OF SHOOGER. AND BLUE MALK.

Igabod

Quote from: ZephyrSly on October 28, 2014, 04:21:34 AM
After seeing so many deaths [text trimmed] it wouldn't suprise me if they were desensitized to death in general.

Hmm that would be neat too, sorta like developing an immunity. Seeing loads of bodies within a short amount of time should build up a meter and when that meter reaches full the colonist no longer gets a negative thought from seeing corpses. Almost like being a psychopath but without actually being one. And the desensitization could wear off after a while of not seeing dead bodies too.

ShadowDragon8685

It's a good idea.

As opposed to butchering them with their clothes and equipment still on?

When you're getting down to harvesting people for meat and organs/mass-incinerating them, chances are you're so far down the desensitization pole that you wouldn't think twice about "he won't need these anymore and we do."
Raiders must die!

erebus2075

It's a good idea.

that would be sooooo nice :D please add it :)
before burrying, cremeting or butchering people please :P

cultist

As long as it's optional, sure.
Yes, sometimes I want to make sure the fancy power armor doesn't get burnt.
Other times, I just want to get rid of the 30 corpses with awful cloth parkas and awful, awful cloth pants.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Igabod on October 28, 2014, 10:18:28 AM
Quote from: ZephyrSly on October 28, 2014, 04:21:34 AM
After seeing so many deaths [text trimmed] it wouldn't suprise me if they were desensitized to death in general.

Hmm that would be neat too, sorta like developing an immunity. Seeing loads of bodies within a short amount of time should build up a meter and when that meter reaches full the colonist no longer gets a negative thought from seeing corpses. Almost like being a psychopath but without actually being one. And the desensitization could wear off after a while of not seeing dead bodies too.
Kind of like how immunity builds up for infections, except mental? No idea how that might work mechanically, but in the idea it makes sense.