Tin-foil hats. :D

Started by Devdabomber, October 23, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devdabomber

Protects a percentage from psychic events.
Decreases social...?
Offers no protection.
Not flamable, maybe protects from catching fire a bit :P

Kind of silly, but I think it would be a fun simple addition to the game xD

EarthyTurtle

I would laugh at seeing this in the game xD. I could go for this, it's funny.

Evul

This is a item and don't need any hard coding and is there fore a cheap idea.
Think about that.
-Mod

togt

Quote from: Evul on October 24, 2014, 01:48:03 AM
Think about that.
-Mod

I don't understand your post at all. Do you support the suggestion? What should we think about?

I like the idea, just wondering why it isn't in the cheap suggestions topic.

harpo99999

I think that the evil Mr Evul, was hinting at you making a mod containing this

Evul

I don't suggest moding for things. Except for things that's is confirmed not to be in the game. For example: more humonide alien races. Cause ty have confirmed that there will be no more except mechanoides. :)

What I ment whas this suggestion does not require more then 1h work and the first topic of the cheap suggestion thread say this. It's a kind a item that does not require rocket science. It only requires a xml add. There for a cheap idea.

I'm not trying to be rude or evil (even tho my name here is Evul) :) Just trying to have some kind of order in this forum. I think we happen prity much multi posts with same suggestion and except same idea of more then 30% of all the threads posted here. :) Just to clarity I'm not stopping you from posting or anything I just say that simular suggestions like this should go in to the cheap suggestion thread. :)
Peace out! \/

Back to topic :)

stefanstr

This effect is already in the game. Some of the helmets protect from psychic drones.

Devdabomber

Quote from: Evul on October 24, 2014, 01:48:03 AM
Think about that.
-Mod

I actually saw that post right after I posted this xD Thanks for the tip!

Evul

Alright ^^
Its a funny suggestion anyway :)

Cimanyd

Funny, this was actually an example in the changelog of something that's now possible.

Aug 21

• Apparel can now affect any stat, including work speed, psychic sensitivity (tinfoil hats!), social impact, etc.

Like stefanstr said, military helmets have -10% psychic sensitivity, and cowboy hats have +15% social chat impact.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

kittyrandom

Decrease social is funny point. It is good idea

StorymasterQ

Apparel with a decrease social stat? Maybe an Anonymous Mask? Then again, that Mask should only decrease social with other Pawns not also wearing the Mask. Therefore, if all colonists are wearing the Mask, they can face a raid and go "We are Legion."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 26, 2014, 09:32:07 PM
Apparel with a decrease social stat? Maybe an Anonymous Mask? Then again, that Mask should only decrease social with other Pawns not also wearing the Mask. Therefore, if all colonists are wearing the Mask, they can face a raid and go "We are Legion."
20% Chance to be called domestic terrorists by other factions
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

togt

Now I understand.  I'm creating a research hat too!

Tynan

This is actually a fun idea. Not sure I'd call it a tinfoil hat. Maybe make it some kind of high-tech psychic blocker headgear that also happens to be named "psychic foil dome" or something.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog