[A13] Fast Floors V1.4 Updated for alpha 13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, October 25, 2014, 11:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

This mod is very simple. It changes the terrains_floors def file and increases the walk speed of colonists on paved floors and wood floors and pretty much everything except carpet. Some increase it more than others too. I didn't add any new floors in but this probably won't be compatible with anything that does modify the flooring defs.

This is not old save compatible. You must start a new colony in order to not experience some glitches.

No need to credit me with this. Do whatever you want to do with it. I just did it as a quick diversion from what I was working on.

This was requested by Kentauros87 on This Thread.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Romi

It would be cool if you could add some new floors.Like pine wood floor,etc.

Igabod

Quote from: Romi on October 26, 2014, 03:09:43 AM
It would be cool if you could add some new floors.Like pine wood floor,etc.

The reason I haven't done this yet is because it's already been done. T's mods has a large selection of custom flooring. If you don't see one you like there I believe he is taking requests (but don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I looked at that thread.)

Igabod

Just realized I had the wrong version uploaded. I uploaded the test version with decimal numbers for a value but the game doesn't accept those so I had to go with whole numbers. The version in the attachment on the OP now (v1.1) is the correct one. Dropbox is going to be updated immediately after posting this message.

kentauros87

Great! Thanks for your work, I'll give it a try immediatly  ;D

kentauros87

Good job! 130% speed is not too op. Found something strange: all mined areas and smooth stone changed to sand  :o I think a next logic step could be a new floor, with huge speed bonus and building cost

Igabod

Quote from: kentauros87 on October 26, 2014, 07:13:51 AM
Good job! 130% speed is not too op. Found something strange: all mined areas and smooth stone changed to sand  :o I think a next logic step could be a new floor, with huge speed bonus and building cost

That shouldn't be happening. I didn't experience it in my test game that I just got done playing. Even if you downloaded the wrong version it shouldn't happen. I'll see if I can replicate it. But one solution that you may not be aware of for most problems with mods is when you open the mods screen in the game for any reason, even if you don't change anything, you must completely exit to OS and then restart the game. This is a bug in the game and not a problem with the mod. Lots of strange things happen when you don't do a reload of the game after fiddling with the mods screen. Try it again and let me know if you are still experiencing that strange error.

kentauros87

Done, but things remain as said. Maybe the savefile got corrupted. Sometimes it happens

Igabod

I'll test it again tonight and see if I can replicate that. Eating dinner right now but then I'll test it afterward.

DracoGriffin

Great concept mod; hopefully some other mods with more floors will incorporate. (Looking at you T-Mods!)
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Igabod

Quote from: Igabod on October 26, 2014, 08:20:14 PM
I'll test it again tonight and see if I can replicate that. Eating dinner right now but then I'll test it afterward.

I tested again and could not replicate the issue with mined areas (rough hewn rock floors) and smoothed stone floors turning to sand. Are you using this with any other mods that might change the floors def files? Did you create a new world and a new colony to test this out or did you just apply it on an existing colony. If you loaded up an existing colony, that could be your problem. This changes the base game floor defs so it probably isn't old save compatible. If that is indeed the case here then let me know so I can put a warning on the OP that it doesn't work with old saves.

kentauros87

Yes, I play a heavy modded version of RW. Tested with new world and colony, problem not present anymore

Emsaic

Lol I was working on a mod with the same name, but instead of changing the speed, it had a new floor type that was really fast

KugelBlitz

This makes me think of another idea. You know how when you go to the airport you walk on those moving sidewalks. What if you could make that?!

Igabod

Quote from: KugelBlitz on October 31, 2014, 02:49:24 PM
This makes me think of another idea. You know how when you go to the airport you walk on those moving sidewalks. What if you could make that?!

You can. I'm leaving this as just a simple tweak mod though. If somebody wants to alter this or include it with their own mod they can. I don't require any notice or credit or anything for it. I may do my own full on flooring mod in the next alpha but I don't know yet.