Kickstarter rewards ideas

Started by Tynan, September 26, 2013, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarkista

Try not to double post thanks ;)

And yea, I depending on how big the kickstarter is we may need several volunteers.

Tynan

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 02:06:25 PM

And yea, I depending on how big the kickstarter is we may need several volunteers.

I think this is doable. I suspect I could correct one in about a minute, which means in a work day I could do 400. No idea how many we'll get, but those are manageable numbers.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Zorbane

Quote from: thekillergreece on September 26, 2013, 02:00:49 PM
Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 01:46:58 PM
ugh christ, I hated how most of the bios in PA had shit grammar and spelling, relay ticked me off.
Dont forget its in Alpha...Beta will fix most things. This grammatical errors could happen to RimWorld when it enters Alpha..

those grammar and spelling mistakes are from user created bios, not by the devs at Introversion

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 26, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

I think this is doable. I suspect I could correct one in about a minute, which means in a work day I could do 400. No idea how many we'll get, but those are manageable numbers.

If we spread it out to say 3 other people we could get 400 done each hour and a half (roughly) again, it does depend on how big the kickstarter is. (How much will the kickstarter be priced at by the way, whats the target?

Kalesin

My Rewards suggestions:

*RimWorld OST Digital Download (downloadable music from game)
*Art-Book Digital Download (downloadable pdf with art-book and design concepts)
*Forum Backer Pack (special frame for avatar, unique title, emblems, different font color in post, ...)
*Business Pack (special for company, one of the items the game will have the name of one of your products, for example, Kellogg's collaborates, some food items would call their product: Special K, Frosties, ... Always according it with the company to maintain the "lore" of game)
*Counselor (once every so often (weekly, monthly, ...) online meeting with backers to share ideas, game progress, ...)
*Astronomical Pack (appointing a celestial body: planet, star, asteroid, ...)

enystrom8734

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 02:15:01 PM
Quote from: Tynan on September 26, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

If we spread it out to say 3 other people we could get 400 done each hour and a half (roughly) again, it does depend on how big the kickstarter is. (How much will the kickstarter be priced at by the way, whats the target?

I guess it mostly depends on the state of the original submission. I expect some could take up to 10 haha.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Yarkista

I doubt that they will be that long, probably a paragraph wi be the longest ones.

Tynan

I'll limit the length. But this is a good thing to note.

Any other ideas? Something radical or especially RimWorld-y?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Tynan on September 26, 2013, 04:22:20 PM

A pair of Rimworld boxers by mail. I mean come on, given the double entendre, that'd be hilarious and endearing.

Yarkista

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 26, 2013, 04:29:51 PM

A pair of Rimworld boxers by mail. I mean come on, given the double entendre, that'd be hilarious and endearing.

Are you seven?

Hmm...I dunno, weapon customisation is the pinochle if my mind.

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 04:44:20 PM

Are you seven?

That just sounds like a feature everyone should have.

enystrom8734

Are you seven?

You mean to say you wouldnt wear RimWorld boxers? When Im walking around in my boxers, Id rather people know I supported RimWorld instead of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom...
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Jakadasnake

Quote from: enystrom8734 on September 26, 2013, 04:53:10 PM

Are you seven?

You mean to say you wouldnt wear RimWorld boxers? When Im walking around in my boxers, Id rather people know I supported RimWorld instead of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom...

That's all I'm shoutin. Imagine your SO's reaction when she sees that giant planet pictured on your backside along with the logo.

British

Zorbane

I don't know if this is possible but maybe a reward could be a special item when you start a game

Kickstarter: provides xx power.  Perfect to "kick start" up a new colony