Common Rooms

Started by Robitski, November 06, 2013, 06:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robitski

A place where colonists can hang out from time to time. Increases happiness. Designated by a lack of beds, hydroponics or batteries. If enough chairs and tables are put in, colonists will come here to rapidly increase happiness. The bigger the room, the better.

What do you guys think? : P
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

GC13

I'm certain we'll get the tools we need to make these. Something citizens can do to boost their happiness in recreational time.

Ribbits

I like the idea. Maybe something like a saloon or bar?

Wopian

Quote from: Ribbits on November 06, 2013, 07:31:39 PM
I like the idea. Maybe something like a saloon or bar?

And a drink resource for the bar which you can purchase from trading?

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Robitski

Perhaps even the 'passing by' NPCs, if they're close enough to your colony, will come into the common room and might join your colony if they stay long enough? Maybe they pay to get in? Or is that more of a hotel simulator? :3
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

willow512

I think you don't need a specific room type, just let colonists hang out at tables, they'll use the dining room, or any other room with tables set aside.

But some entertainment features would be nice. A gym, or shooting range. Perhaps a pinball machine.

A bar would be nice, I'd like to see how a raider attack plays out during a boozing session. :)

I think the most valuable asset in an isolated colony would be other colonists. So there should be an emphasis on time spent together. Time spent together should count for something. Happyness, cohesion. Perhaps it helps people to work a bit faster and continue working a bit longer?

Right now seeing those little chat bubbles popping up when colonists are close to each other gives me more pleasure than should make sense :)