New Graphics For The Game

Started by jabbamonkey, October 26, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

the UziFP.png and PistolFP.png look pretty good. I was thinking about doing something along those lines... If that sounds good, let me know, and I'll have something over by this weekend.

skullywag

I like em, rust em up a bit and make em look a bit fragile and I reckon ill be good. Thanks for your time guys!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Cat123

This needs a serious bump.

Sexy sexy stuff here.

*YOINK*

jabbamonkey

Quote from: skullywag on November 13, 2014, 07:50:22 PM
I like em, rust em up a bit and make em look a bit fragile and I reckon ill be good. Thanks for your time guys!

The weapons are very small, so there isn't alot of detail that we can add ... I tried adding rust, but it made the guns an orangish color (see below). I didn't test these "in-game", so they may need some tweeking. Let me know when you have a beta ready, and I will take a look at how they look in-game.

Also, the images below will look LARGER then they appear in the game. So, it might LOOK like I COULD add more details. Shrink the image down by about 50-75%... or view the weapons in the game as you play...

Crossbow, one rusty, one metal.

Pistols, rusty and metal. There are some variations on mods... scope, extra ammo clip and damage. Below are combinations of all...

Shotguns... (I made soda cans the pump action)

Rifles...

Sir

I'd love to see some graphics for the Extended Surgery mod  ;D
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

Noobshock

Bumping this again and maybe I'm oblivious but is there a link anywhere to get all of Jabbamonkey's texture work for the vanilla, unmodded game?

Thanks.

For the record I'm also on the bandwagon of putting quite a few of those in the base game.

john pretzel

Wow, so many good drawings  :)

Those food pngs, where do I put them? In /core/...?

Sugestion:

jabbamonkey, can you make pics for organ parts? Following the same artistic logic that rimworld and your own drawings. There's about two mods that could benefit from this, to to mention the stock imagery.

Example:

a brain in a jar http://tryingtoknowthyself.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/braininjar.jpg
same with a hand, eye, ear, nose, etc, human and terminator alike, in a crio container.
Example of such container, http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50349586/Cryogenic_Container.jpg

Just throwing some images to show how they probably could be drafted.

Tyian

Quote from: jabbamonkey on November 17, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

Hi there Jabbamonkey,

Can you give a link with all of your graphics pics?

BTW does already existe a skin pack mod? Or something like that?
That would be so nice.

Thank you

Professor Cupcake

Kinda weird having the uranium in a barrel like that. Not too sure I'm okay with barrels suddenly appearing as soon as you mine a material.

Other than that minor criticism, these look awesome. Great work.

unifex

Extremely well done artwork! Be warned though, if this world ever goes rimworld I'm going to add an Operation to Jabbamonkey to extract the artwork gland.

kingtyris

Terrific skins! With the exception of the animals, which I think look better as they are in-game. I especially like the nutrient paste dispenser :D

200Down

Gorgeous work on just about all of those. Toooooo good though. Just turn the skill dial down to about 10% and they may work :)  Unless yall plan on retexing the entire game that is.

jabbamonkey

Been out of touch the last few months. I've wanted to immerse myself in Alpha 8, but I was waiting for the TechTreeMinami mod to be updated for Alpha 8 (since I created a ton of graphics for that mod). However, since Minami has been busy with things outside of RimWorld, I think that I probably should wait any longer.

I started updating some graphics for Mechanical Defense 2 ...
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7380.msg102162
... and will continue to add some other items ...

I just noticed the request in December to upload all of my graphics in one zip... but, there are some issues with that.
1) Some Textures need images AND def files - For example, I created a new research bench with a layer mask. In order for the mask to viewable, I had to edit the one of the core def files.  I'm also working on replacing all of the metal, rockChunks, and SlagChunks ... I had this working in Alpha 7 with some def tinkering, but I'm still trying to get it to work in Alpha 8. So, I wouldn't just have to upload textures, but also some def files. This could cause problems for some people.
2) Mod images - So, not only have I changed some of the core images, but I also have tons of images I've redone for a bunch of mods. Since everyone uses different mods, my upload could contain plenty of folders that you wouldn't need...

Also, someone asked where to place the MEAL files... the images go in:
Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Item/Meal/

apljee

I love you.
in as much of a non-homosexual way as a man can be with another man

jabbamonkey

Here are all the graphics that I've created for the CORE game thus far ... you can view them below, and download them individually ... or just use the attached zip file which contains them ALL:

DOWNLOAD MY CORE GRAPHICS
http://www.amazingdg.com/clients/rimworld/_Core_Alpha9.zip
The zip file retains the directory structure of the Mods/Core folder ... and ONLY contains textures. Note: The research bench requires one of the DEF files to be changed, in order to allow for masking (see below for instructions).

I'll try and keep these graphics and zip file updated as things are changed in the game. I'm also going to paste graphics for mods I've done below this post...

Place the following images in:
Core/Textures/Things/Building/Misc/

Core/Textures/Things/Building/Production/
(note: The research bench needs to add some code in order to get the mask to show up. You can get instructions on this post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7334.msg73365#msg73365)

Core/Textures/Things/Item/Meal/

Core/Textures/Things/Item/Resource/

* These are graphics that don't exist in the game, but I created as extras (feel free to use in your own mods)

Core/Textures/Things/Item/Resource/MeatFoodRaw/

Core/Textures/Things/Item/Resource/PlantFoodRaw/

Core/Textures/Things/Special/

The following are extra graphics that I am trying to add to replace the core Metal, Slag and Stone Chunks. Just placing these into folders wont help (some modding needs to be done). I hope to have a mod created soon.

Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Animal/

Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Effects/

The following are image for how clothing looks sitting on the map (not worn)
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Duster/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Jacket/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/ShirtBasic/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/ShirtButton/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/TribalA/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Various/
Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/VestPlate/