New Graphics For The Game

Started by jabbamonkey, October 26, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

These are really beautiful! My only worry is that some of the details might degenerate into noise at typical in-game display sizes. Does anyone have some screenshots of what the game looks like with these graphics active?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Sir

Quote from: Tynan on October 28, 2014, 12:54:16 AM
These are really beautiful! My only worry is that some of the details might degenerate into noise at typical in-game display sizes. Does anyone have some screenshots of what the game looks like with these graphics active?

http://imgur.com/a/Y8Rev

Here's a few samples at different levels of zooms. Also included one with the original textures.

They appear to scale at a relatively correlative quality, although I think these textures get blurry a tad bit quicker.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

Tynan

Intriguing, thank you.

If you want to go full hardcore on the work tables you could do three-view graphics for them, like the tables and beds have in-game right now. Just a thought :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

Thats a very nice improvement that could even feed back to you to implement ingame. If someone can provide the art I can provide the mod (the one line that needs changing lol)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jabbamonkey

Tynan, I do see some minor issues with a few of the graphics. It tends to happen with anything that has "thin lines" - the thin lines "blink" when you zoom. Do you recommend any photoshop techniques to fix this?

I can make some of the lines thicker, but are there any other tricks you can suggest ... such as:
(1) blurring the outlines a tiny bit
(2) avoiding thin lines
(3) avoiding vector gradients and using full color gradients
(4) avoiding certain colors, or harsh color contrasts
(5) Maybe not using "full black" as the outline color, but a very dark gray (less contrast)

Also, on a side note: I'm trying to put together some new character textures. I am making them with much larger heads (think of stout figures, with stocking frames). Since the heads are larger, I'm not sure how to position the "head" on the image file. Your original texture files just have the head in the exact center of the png (with equal padding around the head). If I position the larger head in that area ... I'm afraid the head may seem "off" by a few pixels (instead of the head appear on the shoulders, it may appear on the figure's chest). I was going to troubleshoot, by trial and error ... but that could take awhile, especially with so many images to recreate. So, I was wondering if you had a good way to setup my files.

JuliaEllie

TextureNurse updated. Now supports ALL singleGraphicPath things and uiIcon and bluePrintGraphics. also ANIMALS and other multi textures.

sadly not humans :(

*shameless self promotion*

mrofa

Quote from: Tynan on October 28, 2014, 12:54:16 AM
These are really beautiful! My only worry is that some of the details might degenerate into noise at typical in-game display sizes.

This textures use more than 2 pixels on detail, and from what i seen using max level zoom in, for each zoom out you need extra 1 pixels/similar shade each side on details to not lose them.
All i do is clutter all around.

jabbamonkey

Some new food images...

Survival Pack: ... Nutrient Paste: ... Simple: ...
Fine: ... Lavish:

jabbamonkey

I didn't like how the clothes looked when they were scattered on the map... so I recreated them. Now when you "strip" a body, the character will fold the clothes.  :)

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Jacket/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Duster/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/PowerArmor/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/ShirtBasic/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/ShirtButton/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/TribalA/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/Various/

Goes in Mods/Core/Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/VestPlate/

Shinzy

Quote from: jabbamonkey on November 06, 2014, 11:54:52 AM
I didn't like how the clothes looked when they were scattered on the map... so I recreated them. Now when you "strip" a body, the character will fold the clothes.  :)

*Casually stripping dead mangled bodies and folding clothes* "Tra la la laa~"
If I didn't know rimworldians are heartless busters I'd be kinda creeped out ;D

(The power armor looks realy weird, but the rest of them has that usual Jabbamonkee stamp of quality on them)

jabbamonkey

Also, if anyone has the TechTreeMinima Mod installed, I created a ton of graphics for it.  I posted a bunch of the image on the forum in the Post called "[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.2.5 Entertainment Bldgs + Get yo FIXES!!"

You can get the mod here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3464.0
(the graphic updates that I mention are on page 52 of the thread)

These go in the folder: TechTreeMinami A7/Textures/Things/TTMResources/

These go in the folder: TechTreeMinami A7/Textures/Things/TTMResources/MiscResources

Here are some tables and "building" examples...
Goes in the folder:
Tech Tree Minami A7/Textures/Things/Building/

Power items... still working on these...
Goes in the folder:
Tech Tree Minami A7/Textures/Things/Building/Power/

Traps...
Goes in the folder:
Tech Tree Minami A7/Textures/Things/Building/Traps/

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Shinzy on November 06, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
(The power armor looks realy weird, but the rest of them has that usual Jabbamonkee stamp of quality on them)

I didn't really spend alot of time of the armor ... It's one of the more complex pieces. I think it looks a little better than the default image though (like the way you would "set out" a piece of clothing on your bed before putting it on).  I'll try and spend some more time on it....

mrofa

This are very good, but  when you get in 2,5D problem will be for them to good with walls X_X
All i do is clutter all around.