New Graphics For The Game

Started by jabbamonkey, October 26, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

Quote from: mrofa on November 12, 2014, 01:24:58 AM
Tynan = orginal artist ;p

Based on a Dec 10, 2013 blog post, someone named rhopunzel did alot of the graphics.
https://ludeon.com/blog/2013/12/rhopunzel-in-the-house/

mrofa

Yehh but i think he didnt do buildings.
Take a cactus sprite and worktable sprite, they kinda feel totaly diffrent for me, i would say that tynan is behind worktable, cactus looks like its done by hand and not resized and blurred to much :D
But then again im might just be seeing things :D
All i do is clutter all around.

JuliaEllie

My dear sirs and madams,

I am well aware that this is not a request thread so please forgive me but I am in dire need of some textures. I currently seek a bunch of fair and finely drawn graphic which could resemble laboratory equipment like incubators and cell extraction devices. Bonus points for grimdarkness and unneccessary bloodshed.

I owe you, your loyal Modmancer JuliaEllie

Pic related:

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

jabbamonkey

Send me a list of the equipment that you need and any "ideas" that you have for each piece of equipment (i.e. "an incubator is like a bed with a glass encasing"). Also, include the dimensions for each piece of equipment. For example, mined metal ore is 1x1 (it takes up one "space"). Crafting tables are typically 3x1. Beds are 1x2.

skullywag

How are you with weapons? Ive got a long standing "project" ive been working on that im waiting on a couple of things in core to be made moddable (i hope) before i release but one thing its missing is decent art (mines not bad its just not your level). Basically improvised weapons, crossbows, pistols, rifles, single barrel shotties etc.. if someone has a more interesting project ignore mine, just something to do if you feel like it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jabbamonkey

Weapons aren't so hard, but it all depends on the weapon. Crossbows would be tough, because it has very thin lines (for the draw string)... but I could try. Let me know what weapons you had in mind.

skullywag

To start with, a crossbow. Has to look heavily improvised (i dont want to say fallout style but...).

An improvised pistol. Again looking like its been made out of other guns and random nuts bolts springs.

The same pistol but fitted with a larger mag for  full auto model.

A one barrel shotty can be a stub nose or a long barrel as long as it looks like its made from garbage lol!

A longer barreled rifle looking like a pipe stuck to some wood. Again highly improvised is the look im going for.

Imagine the kind of things the stranded would use to make weapons on a rimworld. (Bits of the escape pod, metal, wood etc) doeant have to be factually accurate just look...improvised. I have to stop saying that...impr...NO!

jabbamonkey

So these are all regular weapons that have been "upgraded" by "crafting" with scrap and such? So, I should make these look like the original weapons, but upgraded.

If that is the case, let me know which shotgun you are improving (so I can use the original shotgun as a base). Also, which rifle are you using?

I assume the standard pistol is going to be used, so I'll use that graphic as a base.

skullywag

No, totally seperate to the vanilla weapons imagine they arent even in the game. Imagine the game had guns that suited being on a rimworld i.e. no pristine perfect numerous guns.

mrofa

Dunno vanilia guns are actually a good models for wierd stuff :D

Like that a bit rusty rock slinger :D

skullywag

Wow thats nice. Yeah thats the look im going for.

Shinzy

I have some sprites from 2007 =P

They're all too small for rimworld but none of them should be hard to recreate
if any of em feels 'right'

I think I told you about that one project of mine too =P making them "upgrades" for all the vanilla weapons but abandoned it after realizing how much repetition I would have to do for them

So there's my fabulous vanilla texture modifications, too
the "Friction packet" pistol/uzi and "Twitching wraps" pistol and uzi
(Not pixel art, Haven't actually done any real pixelstuff in a few years or so ;D things are so much easier to make with brushes! and I'm a lazybum)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mrofa

FP looks like they got explosives strapped to them :D

1 shot = one explosion :D

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on November 13, 2014, 04:58:02 PM
FP looks like they got explosives strapped to them :D

1 shot = one explosion :D
The game needs more suicide bombers don't you think! =P
(no but really it's a friction packet! it adds electricity to the bullets when they leave the chamber ::) Shh! it's plausible)