Reduce Repair Frequency

Started by starlight, November 06, 2013, 06:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight

Every 5 sec (in real time) my colonists go repair something.
Reduce the frequency of repair work: keep if for more realistic stuff: like batteries exposed to rain, wall attacked by demolish raiders, maintenance work scheduled.

This adds to the irritation without adding gameplay value.

NephilimNexus

New technology tree: "Maintenance"

5 levels of technology

Each level reduces frequency of needing repairs by 20%.

When paired with "Nanotech" branch, at level 5 base equipment will actually (slowly) repair itself when damaged.

Morrigi

Repair frequency for things with no moving parts should definitely be reduced. When's the last time a freestanding metal wall fell apart within a couple of days of being constructed?

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Morrigi on November 06, 2013, 09:38:14 PMRepair frequency for things with no moving parts should definitely be reduced. When's the last time a freestanding metal wall fell apart within a couple of days of being constructed?

That probably depends on the worksmanship and the quality of the materials. Do you reckon the walls we're putting up are proper, prefabricated walls or ramshackle things of corrugated iron welded together over a wooden framework with a power cable strung through them, Borderlands style?

I could see Borderlands style wasteland scavenger walls needing fairly frequent maintenance.
Raiders must die!

Morrigi

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 06, 2013, 09:41:24 PM
Quote from: Morrigi on November 06, 2013, 09:38:14 PMRepair frequency for things with no moving parts should definitely be reduced. When's the last time a freestanding metal wall fell apart within a couple of days of being constructed?

That probably depends on the worksmanship and the quality of the materials. Do you reckon the walls we're putting up are proper, prefabricated walls or ramshackle things of corrugated iron welded together over a wooden framework with a power cable strung through them, Borderlands style?

I could see Borderlands style wasteland scavenger walls needing fairly frequent maintenance.

This is true. They look pretty prefab at the moment though. But if we do wind up with various tiers of construction and materials, that should certainly be taken into account.

Tynan

I'm still tuning this. I do recommend you keep repair at a lower priority than other work types.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog