[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Eh, two questions.

1. How will this effect a game that is already on-going?
and
2. Can anyone tell me what this mod does in a nutshell? Slightly confused as to what it does.

Dragoon

Quote from: AllenWL on March 23, 2015, 12:22:59 AM
1. How will this effect a game that is already on-going?
and
2. Can anyone tell me what this mod does in a nutshell? Slightly confused as to what it does.

1.It does not require a new game.

2. It add the ability for pawns (the people) to have sex currently you make them do it and it's still in the works you have lovemaking( which is affected by social skill) and if you have the colonists uh...do stuff then the one assign to do it will get the bonus and not them both unfortunately. They are currently trying to add relationships.

That the player will hopefully be able to select who they get with or at least be able to say no to select pawns.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

AllenWL

Does the bonus improve their mood? Then I might consider getting the mod.
My colonists are slowly going insane from all their difficulties.

Dragoon

Quote from: AllenWL on March 23, 2015, 05:22:52 AM
Does the bonus improve their mood? Then I might consider getting the mod.
My colonists are slowly going insane from all their difficulties.

It does and ti can repeated if need be but you have to make them do ti to avoid things that might break rp or whatever fan fiction (if your going for it anyway)
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

AllenWL

Eh, I'll try it!
Edit: I don't want the sounds, but the most recent version seems to have no soundless version. help?

PastXight

Quote from: Lord Fappington on October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM
Modification: The Romance Mod
Version: 0.7
Last Updated: 2/19/2015

Background
Mod
I'm adding a modification to Rimworld that adds romance for pawns.  I hope this will add another layer of depth to the game which already is fantastically in depth.  The direction I'm taking with this is akin to the relationship matrix found in Crusader Kings II

Current Features and Progress

• Romance Traits.  Pawns can have natural abilities (i.e., good or bad) towards lovemaking that attract or detract other pawns.
    [10 traits currently implemented, will expand as relationship system rolls out.  Will take requests.]

• Lovemaking Control.  Control pawns through enabling or disabling lovemaking worktype; also I've coded it to only permit lovemaking by colonist selection.  No unintended RP breaking moments where brother makes love to sister or dad faps in front of the family.
    [Fully Implemented]

• Romantic Encounters.  Pawns can have romantic encounters, some more erotic than others which will boost or reduce relationships amongst colonists. 
    [Currently implemented, planning bed-specific activities after rollout of relationship system]

• Romantic Thoughts.  Pawns will have thoughts based on their romantic encounters.  Additionally, their thoughts may change (for better or worse) dynamically due to their traits. 
    [Currently implemented, expanding affected traits.]

• Relationships.  Pawns that have "romantic" encounters will have increased affections towards one another -- social impacts increased by talking and negative impact upon death of those they have encounters with. [Currently reviewing tie-in with core code]

• Relationship Web.  Pawn romantic encounters will have effects not only on those participating but others as well.  For example, if one pawn is in a relationship with another person, but has an encounter with another, the left out person may feel animosity towards their partner's new lover.
    [Currently researching tie-in with core code]

Changelog

v 0.7 - Updated for Alpha 9b.

v 0.6 - New traits added per player request.

v 0.5 - Implemented tying of thoughts triggering to lovemaking activities.

v 0.4 - Updated traits again for A8; added encounters, sounds & thoughts.  Thoughts not fully implemented (need help tying thought triggering to jobdriver, like core's "Green Thumb"

v 0.3 - Validated A7 and A8 romance traits are compatible, continuing other features and ensuring their compatibility with A8.

v 0.2 - Quick push of fixes to current traits to implement +/- skills, and added 7 new traits

v 0.1 - Initial Release

Downloads, Discussion & Future Directions
DOWNLOAD:Latest version and earlier Romance Mods
NOTE: If you prefer to not have funny sex sounds, there is a non-sound, standalone version listed

In the short run, I'm going to fully expand modifying thought patterns and available love making types, as well as make the two interdependent on traits.  In other words, certain types of personalities will like or get bonuses from certain actions, or not have certain actions available to them (e.g., gruff lover loves doggy style, but would not consider missionary).  Currently, the Voyeur is an example of that, where he gets bonuses from fapping but cannot make love to others (prefers to watch).  Also, I'm going to fully implement the target pawn's thoughts and traits into the whole thing (currently it only considers the pawn that is selected for anything).

In the long run, I'm looking to expand this general framework to non-romantic activities (e.g., saving a fellow disabled colonist, feeding or healing a sick colonist, or other actions).  Let me know what you think would be interesting as well.

If you are interested in contributing or modding further PM me. 

I reserve no rights to the modification code.

Special thanks to the following
Haplo
Temeez
Alphalol
Mipen
Mrofa
Skullywag
Rikiki

Compatibility
Warning, back up saves as some users have experienced bugs!  Also, you may be required to generate a new world.  I did not when I tested it.

In extensive testing I've noted it is compatible with:

EdB Prepare Carefully & Interface
Clutter
Immersive
Recipe Nurse
Project Armory
Purple Ivy
Xtra Plants
Surgery Extended
ScratchPack
Miscellaneous
Norbals
Project Armory
Apparello
Extended Woodworking
Animal Hide Working

EDIT BY Lord Fap: Previous link removed.

Do I have to create  a new colony? I already have a good one going with only 2 colonist.

Dragoon

perci2112

Lord F. You might want to have a look into the code, the mod is preventing players from giving undrafted commands to their pawns.

Dragoon

Actually that most likely a conflict with another mod i am not getting any errors and I have a ton of mods.

perci2112

It's deffs the romance mod. I created a new colony in god mode and i had the same problems (before and after i turned on god mode)

LustrousWolf

So when the pawns, "go to bed together" does a tiny colonist appear after a while or not?
Also what might the 10 implemented traits be? :o

perci2112

Quote from: LustrousWolf on April 05, 2015, 04:41:47 PM
So when the pawns, "go to bed together" does a tiny colonist appear after a while or not?
Also what might the 10 implemented traits be? :o
Sadly I don't think Lord F. has added children or reproduction to the mod as the mod is mainlt a romance mod. If the devs did add a reproduction feature into the game (highly doubtful they will) then i'm sure Lord F. would incorporate it into the mod.

As for the 10 traits, I know Sexual Dynamo and Wet Noodle are the most common, there are two others i've come across, one may be abrasive lover (I think that's one, I haven't used the mod due to a small bug in A9). the other six are ones I haven't come across during the limited use of the mod in A9 (I used it in A8 but never had much variance on the traits)

Dragoon

Well it's actually being worked first LF is working on relationships first.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Dragoon on April 06, 2015, 01:11:44 AM

Well it's actually being worked first LF is working on relationships first.

Yeah thats fine :) making children must be really hard to code and work with and stuff :P
So is the only person that knows all of the 10 traits LF? and what they do, not just the names?

Vega_Kotes

Quote from: LustrousWolf on April 06, 2015, 06:18:10 AM
Yeah thats fine :) making children must be really hard to code and work with and stuff :P
So is the only person that knows all of the 10 traits LF? and what they do, not just the names?

If I'm not mistaken these are the 10 traits and their effects.

1.Chronic Fapper. Social -1, Social Chat Impact -5%, Recruit Prisoner Chance -2.5%.

2. Devout Lover. Social +1, Social Chat Impact +10%, Recruit Prisoner Chance +2.5%.

3. Flirtatious. Social +2, Social Chat Impact +10%, Recruit Prisoner Chance +5%.

4. Free Bird. Social +1, Social Chat Impact +10%.

5. Gruff Lover. Social +1, Social Chat Impact +10%.

6. Jealous Prone. Social -1, Social Chat Impact +10% (not actually sure if it is a plus but it was listed as such)

7. Poor Frame. Social -1, Social Chat Impact -10%, Recruit Prisoner Chance -5%, Move Speed -0.05 c/s, Global Work Speed -10%.

8. Sexual Dynamo. Social +4, Social Chat Impact +25%, Recruit Prisoner Chance +10%.

9. Well Endowed. Social +1, Social Chat Impact +10%, Recruit Prisoner Chance +5%, Move Speed + 0.05 c/s, Global Work Speed +10%.

10. Wet Noodle. Social -2, Social Chat Impact -10%, Recruit Prisoner Chance -10%.