[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

Quote from: Lord Fappington on December 11, 2014, 11:40:09 PM
If memory serves me correctly, ludeon lubrications or something to that effect is a trader I've encountered...

merchant tradable items that modify the experience?

yes. verily. probably lubes and secks toys. lol. (mwahahaha)

on a sidenote : perhaps add a "horny-ness" meter (some people are hornier than others) so the sexy-times isn't completely random.

ie : IF colonist A is "horny", THEN find another "horny" colonist and/or prisoner, ELSE IF no "horny" people available, THEN find a secks toy, ELSE blue ballz and go crazy..  :P

SleepyFox

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 16, 2014, 08:17:39 AM
Could make for an interesting mod if close colonists are allowed to share a bedroom without penalty. I could start making use of those Royal Beds.

Does this mean colonists will share a royal bed? I've only built them occasionally and my colonists seem to hoard it all to themselves. And who wouldn't? That king-sized uranium bed gives you such a nice, healthy glow when you sleep 8 hours in it.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

TheEpicNoob2014

Add Guns+ to the compatability list. It works just fine :D. (not my mod :P)
Sometimes, I like to go and use my copy and paste skills.
And when I do, I get really excited. Wanna know why?

Because, for me, modding is awesome.
#CopyAndPasteSkills

Lord Fappington

Quote from: keylocke on December 12, 2014, 12:02:09 AM

yes. verily. probably lubes and secks toys. lol. (mwahahaha)

on a sidenote : perhaps add a "horny-ness" meter (some people are hornier than others) so the sexy-times isn't completely random.

ie : IF colonist A is "horny", THEN find another "horny" colonist and/or prisoner, ELSE IF no "horny" people available, THEN find a secks toy, ELSE blue ballz and go crazy..  :P

This is an excellent idea; I imagine putting tying this in with the "relationship system" where they filter through individuals they have stronger feelings for first, or exclusively for (those that have "morals") would be nice.

I think I may go in this direction, tipping a hat to you of course Keylocke

perci2112

Warning, back up saves as some users have experienced bugs!
[/quote]
found something that might be a bug; when i opened my overview menu, it only had one of my colonists on it.

Lord Fappington

Thanks Perci; I'll look into that. 

I'm so close to the next update!

perci2112

Quote from: Lord Fappington on January 07, 2015, 12:02:08 PM
I'm so close to the next update!

yay :D can't wait for it :).

If Tynan added this mod as part of the core game, would you continue making mods, or make a mod which extends the relationship stuff; adding children etc. ?

Lord Fappington

I doubt he'd incorporate it; I'm not a pro coder nor is this conventional game content!

However, yes-- I'd probably work more on modding, this is my first rimworld foray. 

I'd probably build out the relationship system a bit (not to be implemented in this upcoming patch, just the bedroom antics part).

Then I'd like to make some more mods where I focus on traits.  I enjoy writing their descriptions and it'd be fun to add some where they are earned through character activities over time.

perci2112

i've currently got a colony, and i feel sorry for one of my colonists, she's 16, but is a devout lover. the only male of my colony is 37, a sexual dynamo, and is named 'love'. the antics of my colony is certainly going to be interesting with this mod

StorymasterQ

Quote from: perci2112 on January 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
Warning, back up saves as some users have experienced bugs!

found something that might be a bug; when i opened my overview menu, it only had one of my colonists on it.

Is it perhaps this?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

perci2112

Yeah. I thought it was a bug associated with the Romance mod, maybe it's just a general bug. thanks for the link StorymasterQ

Deshar

Good to read that it's close to the next update ;) I can't wait.

perci2112

Lord F.

Maybe once you've added lovemaking, maybe you could add the hornyness and sx toys idea that was mentioned in a previous reply to this thread.

I can't wait for the updates :)

Kolljak