[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: dareddevil7 on January 31, 2015, 08:23:57 PM
the fact that when a pawn faps it gives them a negative thought it makes me unsure whether I want to have the lovemaking job on

The fact that I'm about to post these suggestions as a serious one and not a joke is just funny in and of itself. But anyway, there should be a couple traits that relate to fapping which would change the mood thought value to a positive or a negative one. Chronic Fapper: gets a positive moodlet. Prude (or something like that) that gets a slight negative moodlet. And maybe another one which would negate the thought all together for those mid-range people who neither see anything wrong with it but don't really do it all that much. Though that would probably be just someone with neither of the other two traits. I haven't actually looked at this mod yet because I have been waiting for it to be a bit more complete. So you may already have a trait like one of those and I just don't know about it.

Lord Fappington

the fact that when a pawn faps it gives them a negative thought it makes me unsure whether I want to have the lovemaking job on

I've already began to implement that Igabod, voyeurs get a bonus mood from fapping and can't enjoy lovemaking with anyone else.  Conversely everyone else gets a big bonus from lovemaking with others and a slight negative for lonesome fapping with their work-calloused hands

perci2112

Lord F.

Next stop sex toys and Erotic traders? That'd be interesting if you included a fantasist perk; the colonist prefers to fantasize about lovemaking with another colonist rather than actual lovemaking

Sion

This is a thought that hit me as I was reading the description, I don't know if it is helpful in anyway, but I'll just leave it here.

Each colonist chooses a random number lets say between 0 & 20, it may be static or changeable over time (I don't know).
A colonist would like another more when the difference between their random numbers are small.
It doesn't matter where on the scale (0 to 20) the numbers are, just the difference between the numbers.
The scale could for example represent how good they are at romance (0 = no skill, 20 = legendary).
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Dragoon

Quote from: Sion on February 03, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
This is a thought that hit me as I was reading the description, I don't know if it is helpful in anyway, but I'll just leave it here.

Each colonist chooses a random number lets say between 0 & 20, it may be static or changeable over time (I don't know).
A colonist would like another more when the difference between their random numbers are small.
It doesn't matter where on the scale (0 to 20) the numbers are, just the difference between the numbers.
The scale could for example represent how good they are at romance (0 = no skill, 20 = legendary).

hmm I thought social would affect those stats.  I kinda prefer that over random chance.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Lord Fappington

Quote from: Dragoon on February 03, 2015, 09:20:00 PM

hmm I thought social would affect those stats.  I kinda prefer that over random chance.

I agree dragoon.  Anyone making a lets play with the mod?

dareddevil7

Quote from: Lord Fappington on February 03, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on February 03, 2015, 09:20:00 PM

I agree dragoon.  Anyone making a lets play with the mod?
Not filming it because my recording stuff is crap

200Down

Quote from: Igabod on January 31, 2015, 08:31:20 PM
Chronic Fapper
^
^
My stomach hurts from laughing soo hard at that one... damn you!  Man a dare you to add "chronic fapper" as an actual skill. I double.. no triple dog dare ya!

I think you need to go for all out laughs ;D  RW could use some funny and you guys may be the the ones to do it.
God....., they all look like they would fit in a South Park episode anyways. Could  just imagine the lil dude fappin away...... starts his room on fire... then out of commission for the next fight... sooooo much funny to be had.

Lord Fappington

Quote from: 200Down on February 08, 2015, 12:13:00 AM

Chronic Fapper
[/quote]
^
^
My stomach hurts from laughing soo hard at that one... damn you!  Man a dare you to add "chronic fapper" as an actual skill. I double.. no triple dog dare ya!

I think you need to go for all out laughs ;D  RW could use some funny and you guys may be the the ones to do it.
God....., they all look like they would fit in a South Park episode anyways. Could  just imagine the lil dude fappin away...... starts his room on fire... then out of commission for the next fight... sooooo much funny to be had.
[/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive!  New update with chronic fapping trait and commensurate thought added

dareddevil7

200Down

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 08, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
idea "do it like they do on the discovery channel"

Funny but something their children's, children's, children's, children wouldn't even be aware of is the only thing.  May wanna stick with made up stuff. But hey, it's his mod so more power to him! Just saying hahaha

Oh, and after thinking about it for a bit. Maybe not a "skill" but a disease you could catch. Donno what you would catch it from but alpha9's booze should open up the options a bit. Fappington's disease?.... maybe some options there :)

So what exactly is the time period of RimWorld. Or do we even have one? Sure it's future but just how far in the future... something less vague may help.

dareddevil7

Quote from: 200Down on February 08, 2015, 01:03:47 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 08, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
idea "do it like they do on the discovery channel"

Funny but something their children's, children's, children's, children wouldn't even be aware of is the only thing.  May wanna stick with made up stuff. But hey, it's his mod so more power to him! Just saying hahaha

Oh, and after thinking about it for a bit. Maybe not a "skill" but a disease you could catch. Donno what you would catch it from but alpha9's booze should open up the options a bit. Fappington's disease?.... maybe some options there :)

So what exactly is the time period of RimWorld. Or do we even have one? Sure it's future but just how far in the future... something less vague may help.
Sentient Robot Hiveminds and Stasis and commercial space ships and drop pods owned by all

200Down

Kinda makes you wonder why there are deseases at all with all that insanely advanced tech available.

Lord Fappington

Quote from: 200Down on February 08, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Kinda makes you wonder why there are deseases at all with all that insanely advanced tech available.

I don't think I'll be expending effort to make diseases.  My next step is to add in the relationships, which will add a lot to the story.  Hopefully it will also limit who can love make with who, except for people that have certain traits (e.g., gruff lover). 

I want to expand it too beyond "romance" to encompass thing a like rescuing another, making there meals, healing them back to health.  All of this leading to platonic relationships as well.

While the topic is rich for jokes ( and I fully embrace them) I see a lot of great, more serious content in this mods future.  In fact, once it gets relationships past romance I may rename the mod.