[mod request] Improved food dispenser

Started by lucadena, October 17, 2014, 06:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucadena

I would like to be able to research a better dispenser that produces food of better quality (maybe same quality of basic cooked food), so my cooks can focus on preparing better quality food.
To balance things it would consume more energy than a normal dispenser and it would consume more food than a cooked basic food for the same quality.

Timber

I love the idea of asymmetrical balance where cooking takes time to level but is super efficient and uses little resources, while a food dispenser requires no skill to use but consumes a lot of energy and is somewhat wasteful with food.

Someone make this happen!
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Minus

Got one cook that has to feed my colony of 10. Lavish meals use up so much meat so quickly that it's hard to keep them rolling out fast enough. To have a nutrient dispenser that at the very LEAST doesn't make colonists unhappy would be a great way to keep my people fed. Food is currently the thing holding me back this far in the game.

Gonna look into this myself, but as someone that's got only 1 day of XP making mods, I'm not the best one to do this.

Update:
Made new dispensers and new pastes. But I can't find anything that links the paste to the dispenser. It's stored in a totally different place to where the regular meals are.

Update2:
I think it might be hard-coded into the game, because there is really no way of choosing what comes out of a dispenser at all.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

lucadena

Can you make a paste get better with research, instead of having another entity?

Igabod

Immersive Rim mod has a module called Immersive Cooking which has a 1x1 NPD that doesn't give you a negative thought for eating from it. Here is a link to the thread

Minus

Quote from: lucadena on October 20, 2014, 03:32:05 AM
Can you make a paste get better with research, instead of having another entity?
This sounds like the second best thing we can hope for. Anyone made any headway with this?

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance