[MOD] (Alpha 7) Coherent Tailoring 1.0

Started by SkySorcerer, November 04, 2014, 04:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySorcerer

Based on the Duster+Jackets mod (or DusterJacket mod) made by Minus. ---> https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0

The objective of this mod is to restore missing items to the tailoring table (dusters, jackets and button-down shirts, specifically) and to adjust cloth requirements, necessary work, and XP for every item.

Assuming that a piece of cloth is a patch of 40 by 40 centimeters (15.7 by 15.7 inches), even with a reasonable amount of waste, a duster shouldn't take more than 24 cloth to make. I have established a ratio of 0.5 XP for every single unit of work.

I have also considered the amount of leather that every animal drops (the average seems to be between 13 and 20, even less with squirrels), the massive waiting time to grow Devilstrand (every fungus drops 2 or 3 cloth, it will take a lot of time to dress a mid-size colony, and hydro is out of the question thanks to solar flares), the detail that cloth is more valuable than clothing itself, and the fact that traders won't take leather/pelts.

No crafting skill requirements for the moment, I still have to learn how to add those. Tested on Alpha 7, under Cassandra (Challenge) and Phoebe (Builder Mode). It will probably have conflicts with any other mod that adjusts tailoring, like the ExpandedCloth module from T-Mods. Below, the attachment with the zip file and full list of changes:

Cowboy Hat: Work 600, Cloth 8, XP 300

Shirt: Work 800, Cloth 14, XP 400

B. Shirt: Work 1000, Cloth 16, XP 500

Jacket: Work 600, Cloth 12, XP 300

Pants: Work 1200, Cloth 20, XP 600

Duster: Work 1600, Cloth 24, XP 800

Let me know what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Aristocat

Quote from: SkySorcerer on November 04, 2014, 04:29:05 PM
have conflicts with any other mod that adjusts tailoring, like the ExpandedCloth module from T-Mods.

Or Immersive craft(but compatible with T's cloth). Which add same clothes (+ bandage medicine), xp for every recipe, solar flare immune hydroponic and turn devilstrand into metal in smelter,

If you want skill requirements add these line, although I didn't make clothing require skill.

<skillRequirements>
         <li>
            <skill>Crafting</skill>
            <minLevel>6</minLevel>
         </li>
      </skillRequirements>