[?MOD?] [ALPHA 7] Texture Nurse - Texture Packs!! - UPDATERINO (28.10.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, October 27, 2014, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hello everybody,

I made a funny little tool which allows us to create Texture Packs as easy as drawing textures. You ever wanted to create a Texture Pack but didnt know how? - No problem! The only thing you have to do is to make your textures and throw them in the TextureNurse "Textures" folder - TextureNurse will do the rest. No need to change any Core files or special folder structure. To customize the name or description of your Texture Pack just change the About.xml.

The TextureNurse comes with a few default textures made by jabbamonkey

UPDATE:

TextureNurse now works on ALL things that use singleTexturePath. It now supports uiIconPath and bluePrintGraphicPath. So it should work on ALL single sprite texture buildings and buildings which use different textures for icons and blueprints.
Multi textures now supported: ANIMALS WOHOO!! Should work on all multiGraphicPath things but didnt test too much.
ResourceReadout now uses the proper textures of the resources.

TextureNurse still doesnt work on Humans because I cant figure out how the textures are processed by the Verse engine. Also multisprited textures (ie. walls) dont work because of the same reason. (they MIGHT work but I couldnt test them due to the lack of latest texture format so I left them out)

>>>>>DOWNLOAD<<<<<

MisterLock

I feel a deja vu...Or some future incompatibility issues that recipie nurse had...Hmm...well see how this plays out!
To each his own.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: MisterLock on October 27, 2014, 06:00:51 PM
I feel a deja vu...Or some future incompatibility issues that recipie nurse had...Hmm...well see how this plays out!

Not going to point fingers but the incompatibilities didnt come from NewRecipeNurse ;)

nackblad

Absolutely awesome! I've been thinking about doing a texture pack for some time, now I've finally got a reason to!

It's still not possible to change the textures of environmental stuff, right?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: nackblad on October 27, 2014, 06:31:47 PM
Absolutely awesome! I've been thinking about doing a texture pack for some time, now I've finally got a reason to!

It's still not possible to change the textures of environmental stuff, right?

Depends on the texture type it uses. If it uses a single sprite texture it should work so at least floor tiles should work.

jabbamonkey

Awesome! I'll check this out. I'm in the midst of redoing all the characters in the game... Is this going to be compatible? (just place the textures in the correct folders?)

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 27, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

Not going to point fingers but the incompatibilities didnt come from NewRecipeNurse ;)

So far the only compatibility issues I've seen with RecipeNurse are not compatibility issues at all but are user errors in load order or failure to restart the game after going into the mods screen.

MisterLock

Quote from: Igabod on October 27, 2014, 07:08:47 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 27, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

So far the only compatibility issues I've seen with RecipeNurse are not compatibility issues at all but are user errors in load order or failure to restart the game after going into the mods screen.

Guess you are right...but that's what you get when modding is a big part of a game and there is no proper mod order system in place.
To each his own.

Igabod

Quote from: MisterLock on October 27, 2014, 07:10:30 PM
Guess you are right...but that's what you get when modding is a big part of a game and there is no proper mod order system in place.

It's possibly going to be fixed in alpha 8 with the Rimworld Launcher. I'm hoping anyway.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: jabbamonkey on October 27, 2014, 07:07:58 PM
Awesome! I'll check this out. I'm in the midst of redoing all the characters in the game... Is this going to be compatible? (just place the textures in the correct folders?)

pawn textures wont work YET because they are multi textures.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on October 27, 2014, 07:37:25 PM

It's possibly going to be fixed in alpha 8 with the Rimworld Launcher. I'm hoping anyway.

Rimworld Launcher?? NOOO hes taking away our makeshift community fixes j/k
RimWorld updates: destroying mods since Alpha 4 :D

ChaosKillerX7

Hey there, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Rimworld mods, but I'm a bit confused on how to get the textures included with TextureNurse to replace those within the game.

Thanks!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: ChaosKillerX7 on October 27, 2014, 11:31:18 PM
Hey there, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Rimworld mods, but I'm a bit confused on how to get the textures included with TextureNurse to replace those within the game.

Thanks!

Just throw them in the TextureNurse/Textures folder and name them right :)

ChaosKillerX7

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 27, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

Just throw them in the TextureNurse/Textures folder and name them right :)
I'm aiming to use the default ones provided and they all seem to have the correct name, however none of the textures are being replaced.

Should I have TextureNurse in the Mods folder? (Although this still did not work when I tried it before)

JuliaEllie

Yes it has to be in the mods folder - did you activate it in the mods menu?