[MOD] (Alpha 8) Guns+ (v2.1)

Started by Hunter712, December 17, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RookE5

Quote from: ZeeOvenfresh on January 27, 2015, 11:55:24 PM
Quote from: RookE5 on January 24, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
Nice work! Is it save to use your mod among other mods that add weapons?
I use this Guns+ with the Rimfire mod and they work perfectly together so id say its safe.
Thanks for confirming!

200Down

Fits the game extremely well and keeps that vanilla feel which is exactly what I like in mods. I'm not looking for a "new" game just an expanded and fleshed out one :) The only weapon mod I use besides the "more vanilla turrets" which also fits in well. But most importantly, your weapons aren't overpowered and game breaking.

Thanks for the mod. Killer job!

Hunter712

Quote from: Scienta on January 29, 2015, 04:58:46 AM
Have you thought about making a charge-type pistol. Still lacking that.

That's most certainly an option, I'll see about working on it in a bit when I have everything fleshed out for a9.

Hunter712

So I'm reworking the images to accommodate for the new art-style, thoughts?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Drone

Those look pretty awesome, and match the new art style really well, good work man!

Alistaire

Make the transparent colour full black. Because it currently is white, any rotation in-game adds an ugly white outline to the sprite.

Hunter712

Quote from: Alistaire on February 28, 2015, 01:55:56 PM
Make the transparent colour full black. Because it currently is white, any rotation in-game adds an ugly white outline to the sprite.

Thanks I'll try this, I've been fiddling with methods for removing the ugly alpha-leak and so far I've had no success.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what do you mean full black? The edges around them are transparent black/some variation of grey. Are you talking about the background layer transparent black?

Alistaire

If you disable transparency on your sprites, you can see the see-through parts are really just #FFF (white) with an alpha value of 0. I don't know how you specifically would change the background to be #000 (black, or at least the outline colour on the sprites), but in my editing program you can floodfill the background with a colour that hasn't been used elsewhere in the image, make that colour transparent across the entire canvas and then replace that colour with #000. This keeps the previous alpha value for some reason, and cleans the canvas by overwriting previously erased pixels (editing software doesn't really erase on images with transparency, it sets the selected pixel's alpha value to 0 so it's see-through and keeps the colour value).

Some other method might work, as long as the see-through parts of the image have a colour value of #000.

apljee

Could I have permission to tweak this for a few Zombie Apocalypse maps that I'm making, along with a quick A9 update?

Hunter712

Quote from: apljee on March 03, 2015, 03:57:53 PM
Could I have permission to tweak this for a few Zombie Apocalypse maps that I'm making, along with a quick A9 update?

I've yet to push out an update for the new guns/textures and stuff, so I'll just say no at the moment until I get things sorted out, hit a rough patch IRL so it may be a week or so before I can get back into this

apljee

Quote from: Hunter712 on March 03, 2015, 05:04:28 PM
Quote from: apljee on March 03, 2015, 03:57:53 PM

I've yet to push out an update for the new guns/textures and stuff, so I'll just say no at the moment until I get things sorted out, hit a rough patch IRL so it may be a week or so before I can get back into this

Alright, thanks for replying though.

Hunter712

Apologies for the long wait everyone, the mod isn't quite yet ready but I've continued work on the sprites (The revolver gave me a hell of a time and I'm still not satisfied, subject to change when I'm able to, in general the new artsyle has given me a hard time to replicate)

Thoughts on the new sprites? (Next up is the charge guns, then the coding (Easy part), then I'm done.)

[attachment deleted due to age]

apljee

Quote from: Hunter712 on March 24, 2015, 07:50:59 AM
Apologies for the long wait everyone, the mod isn't quite yet ready but I've continued work on the sprites (The revolver gave me a hell of a time and I'm still not satisfied, subject to change when I'm able to, in general the new artsyle has given me a hard time to replicate)

Thoughts on the new sprites? (Next up is the charge guns, then the coding (Easy part), then I'm done.)

Those look really good!