[MOD] [A9] DK's Mods O' Plenty!

Started by Dante King, March 24, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante King

I hope so, when I tested it wasn't showing up, so I think a line of code is messed up, maybe someone with a decent skill with modding, only 7+ skill modders plz, could show me the error of my ways :P

Mechanoid Hivemind

If the almighty Skullywag saw this post then he would be the one so would itchyflee those to are the coolest modders (ik i am missing afew of you i am sorry :( )
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Dante King

I've just began to mod, got to start SOMEWHERE!

Mechanoid Hivemind

True but it dont hurt to ask for help
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Dante King

Mechanoid Hivemind

Not sure if it works like that but okay

Hildec

Your mod isn't showing up in the Mod Manager? I think you need a few more things to get it to work:
1. About.xml
Every working mod I know of has  this file. You need it to define the name and description of the mod in the manager. I suggest looking at other mods to get an idea of what it looks like.

2. Rename your "Storytellers.xml" to another filename. I'm not entirely sure but I think your mod having a file with the same filename as another file in the game's Core mod could cause compatibility issues. Just pick another filename with the ".xml" extension.

3. File Hierarchy
When you look at mods in RimWorld's mod folder, you see mods separated into individual folders, with the files inside separated into folders based on what they do. You can't just have your files at the root of your mod folder; the game probably expects different kinds of files in each folder. I suggest looking at other mods and basing their structure on them. Here's an example

<your mod's root folder>
---<"About" folder>
------your "About.xml" file goes here
---<"Defs" folder>
------<"StorytellerDefs" folder. NOTE: Mind the case, your folder in Dropbox had a "StoryTellerDefs" folder, which might cause problems since the game might not look there for files since it is a different case in the core mod>
---------your renamed "Storytellers.xml" goes here

I think that covers just about all the obvious things. It might be a bit OCD but it should work if there's nothing wrong with your .xml file other than a possible filename collision

Dante King

The file collision isn't the problem, just checked and all mods are set up like mine, possibly a line of code.

Shinzy

The first six comments on this page has got to be the cutest thing I've seen here since
C.Fenderson's post about his dream where swarm of bees flew in his pants

But oh anyway! you're not gna need a 7+ modder to get this stuff to work! any old 4 skill like me will do! Although according to Jellie I'm the best modder, far better than her and I agree!

But anyway! your file structure just is all wrong
when I download your mod and unpack the .zip
this is what I get

Yeah? I can't put that anywhere!

you need to rearrange (and possibly uncapitalize the T in 'StoryTellerdefs') the stuff like this

and if you need help with things the help subforum is the best place! people actually read those ones ;D

Mechanoid Hivemind

Da da da daaaaaa The almighty Shinzy HAS SPOKEN!!!!!! LET US BOW IN THEIR POWER AHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;)

Lols anyways i told you someone would come to help you out. Shinzy i am sorry i forgot about you :(

Shinzy

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on March 27, 2015, 01:42:00 AM
Shinzy i am sorry i forgot about you :(

Oh that's okay! I don't
forget

anything
*why don't we haave devilhorn emoticon?!*

Dante King

Thanks, I will be fixing and improving over the next few days, do you want the MM code?