Mechanoids and a side note!

Started by Smasher5523, October 27, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher5523

Oh? we already have mechanoids! But they all  hate us, i thought the game could do with a few things

1. when you get attacked by mechanoids from a ship part or hive etc, you can build a "hacking device," make a colonist man it and it could be like a turret with force attack or whatever, and you can temporarily make the mechanoid your own!

2. We could have like a machine that creates different types of mechanoids such as patroll droid (patrolls a set course IE: your outer base?
A Crafter droid a builder droid etc.. Like in MAI's mod!

3. We could make mechs, like huge suits colonists can get into and move about it, building is disabled along with anything but moving and hurting things..

And finally, 4. We could add Planes/cars, now i know there are a few mods working on cars and with no success. but planes? nobody is trying that! Cars could be like a faster way to get around and if ou build say, a humvee you can add a turret on top.
Planes can be really fast, with a few weak ish machine gunner turrets on the front or back. can only be hit by ANTI AIR TURRETS which could also be added into the game..

ON A SIDE NOTE!!! I would love to be able to send out a few colonists, or all of my colonists onto the world map to raid other bases. And we could have another machine to send supplies in drop pods like when we get besieged. there could be like randomly generated, although not stupid like 1 wall here then bam random carpet with a tree on it. But more like a few rooms conjoined with a few turrets on the outside, i feel this can be great inspiration for new base designs to new players and a great new addition to the game of rimworld!

Wex

A disabled shyter could be reporpoused in the health tab, to make him patrol the colony... the mechanic is already there, but instead of robbing it of his hands, a reprogram button (research required obviously).
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?