Batterys should have a toggle button on them

Started by hyperkiller, October 28, 2014, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyperkiller

have an on/off switch to either participate in the power grid (recharge/discharge) or not at all. As some of my places I have A lot of batterys (~20 or so) for turrets to have them all powered and also since gyros(<edit* typo lol, should been steam geyser*) are a little rare. I tend to get those short-circuits(<edit* as in the walls have a circuit fault and blow up part of the wall and lits it on fire**) and they tend to blow an entire room up and all my power is gone for the night.

(all my turrets are off but some bases are just solar power so then my base goes dark after that. but thats because the nearest geothermal spot is like 100 tiles away from where I build lol)

(*edit- I do know that anything electric cant be outside or they will short-circuit, I tend to mistype  similar things like that.)*

Coenmcj

First of all "Gyros"?..
I was unaware that Rimworld had Gyroscope's, what mods that?

secondly, a little helpful tip is to have a secondary smaller battery room that's disconnected from the grid, will really help when those short circuits roll round. another bit of advice is to have the batteries away from the walls, that seems to be what causes them alot of the time.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Damien Hart

Quote from: hyperkiller on October 28, 2014, 09:29:14 PM
and also since gyros are a little rare

Geo's?

Cyclops

I think they might be short-circuiting because they're outside. From my understanding, they don't do that unless they're on fire, or exposed to rain.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Cyclops on October 29, 2014, 12:26:07 AM
I think they might be short-circuiting because they're outside. From my understanding, they don't do that unless they're on fire, or exposed to rain.
There's an event that has all of the batteries in a grid pick a power conduit somewhere, cause a firey explosion there (pretty big if there's a lot of stored power), and drain all their power.

(You're right, though, putting batteries in the rain or on fire is a bad idea.)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.