Do the floors have any benefits to them?

Started by hyperkiller, October 28, 2014, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyperkiller

Is there any difference other than mats and looks of the floors that wold makes the colonist like them?
or would it be no different than having a dirt floor?

Cimanyd

Different types of terrain (ground, floors, the stuff on the bottom) can have move speed penalties. Any kind of floor you can build (including smooth stone) won't have any, rock is a little slower to walk on, soil a little slower than that, so using floors in your base will speed up walking a little. If you mouse over a square, you can see what the walk speed is.

Plants can't grow on floors, and terrain can't burn (even wood floors) so they can protect buildings and things from nearby plant fires (if there's a layer of floor two squares thick, fires won't jump over). And in the tropical rainforest where tall grass grows everywhere and is slow to walk through, building a path across the map with some floor can help you move across the map much faster. It'll also help the enemies move to your base faster, but you can use this to your advantage since you know just what direction the enemy will be coming from (your path).
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

Floors also have a beauty modifier, whereas concrete has negatives, carpet/smooth stone have positives.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

richeygator

from whats in the game now
they vary in beauty
and some reduce speed

from an engine perspective,
the can also increase speed

as far as i know flammability isn't implemented from a engine perspective yet
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

togt

Isn't this offtopic for the offtopic forum?  :o

StorymasterQ

If you're off topic on a thread in the off topic sub forum, are you off topic?

#ForumZenThings
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj