[B19] Brunayla's Security Co (10/23/18)

Started by brunayla, October 29, 2014, 12:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Quote from: brunayla on April 27, 2015, 05:39:26 PM
Armor crafting is in.

Brunayla

Oh neat, nice job.

I wanted to say again, you did a good job on the first try with recipe costs, there is a real progression there for the more advanced weapons - you can easily make pistols/survival rifles right after embarking, a little harder to make PDW/heavy SMG, a little harder than that to make assault rifle, etc.  Nice work with that.

By the way you should rename the turret research item to "Manned Turrets" or something, the current name isn't really descriptive of what it unlocks.

brunayla

Updated to Alpha 11... I do not think anything is broken

Brunayla

brunayla

What might be added or changed to this group of mods that would make them better?

Brunayla

Katorone

Quote from: brunayla on June 11, 2015, 12:58:39 PM
What might be added or changed to this group of mods that would make them better?

Brunayla

I'd love to see your take on traps.  I'm thinking: walls that squish pawns, hidden short range auto turrets (comparable with the strength of a pistol and very limited shots/squishy)
EMP land mines perhaps?
Basically things that make use of the new rearming mechanism of RimWorld.  Hell, why not low tech catapults for early game sieges, or for tribal factions to use as siege weapons?

dystopic

Quote from: Kaballah on April 23, 2015, 05:32:11 AM
You should probably look at the trade value or what it would cost to buy a finished a finished weapon, vs. the cost of materials to make it.  For example a trader sells you 1 unit of steel for $1.47 (which is 1.47 units of silver), and a finished charge rifle of normal quality for $1,414.00, 1414 units of silver.  Basically the game values a finished, normal quality charge rifle at about 1000 units of steel.  I'm not saying the recipe should require that much, ok the labor required to gather the materials and to craft it has value, and of course 1000 steel is a silly amount of metal to craft one weapon.  I'm suggesting plasteel because what else are you gonna do with it besides make statues or swords (I doubt very many people make a lot of melee weapons) or sell it.

no, don't do that. there should not be a 1:1 relationship between cost of raw materials and cost of crafted items. consider clothing as a comparison. you significantly increase the value of your textiles by turning them into clothes. so it should be with weapons.

instead of requiring a lot of (sometimes exotic) materials, the job should require a lot of labor and a relatively high crafting level. if you can also make it more difficult to craft higher-quality items, that would be another good method of balancing, if it's possible.

i have to wonder about a player who calls crafted items "free". setting aside the time and infrastructure to craft anything (especially very big jobs) on a (powered) work bench--that isn't free at all. if you find that process easy, consider playing on a tougher difficulty level, or not using the prepare carefully mod if you do.

oh, and i typically make turrets and exterior doors out of plasteel. i find it's pretty rare stuff until late game.

Dragoon

Quote from: dystopic on June 17, 2015, 11:46:12 AM
i have to wonder about a player who calls crafted items "free". setting aside the time and infrastructure to craft anything (especially very big jobs) on a (powered) work bench--that isn't free at all. if you find that process easy, consider playing on a tougher difficulty level, or not using the prepare carefully mod if you do.

+1 Finally someone else who see this!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Kaballah

These appear to be working without any update required in A11b, fyi

Goldsmyths

ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!
or not :)

Nyway, I finally realized that the embrasures here are just the normal embrasures, even after finishing the upgrade researches. Then I figured that instead of
      <blueprinttexPath>
         <texPath>Things/Building/Embrasure_Blueprint_Atlas<texPath>
      </blueprinttexPath>
I tried changing the xml for the upgraded ones to
      <blueprintGraphicData>
         <texPath>Things/Building/Embrasure_Blueprint_Atlas</texPath>
      </blueprintGraphicData>
just like the one in the Embrasures.xml.
And the upgraded ones finally appeared in my Architech menu.

brunayla

That is one of my problems.  I they to do things fast but do not find all of the nitpick stuff.  I will have a fixed version soon. later today 7/6/15.

Brunayla

Extront

Quote from: Goldsmyths on July 05, 2015, 10:28:54 PM
ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!
or not :)

Nyway, I finally realized that the embrasures here are just the normal embrasures, even after finishing the upgrade researches. Then I figured that instead of
      <blueprinttexPath>
         <texPath>Things/Building/Embrasure_Blueprint_Atlas<texPath>
      </blueprinttexPath>
I tried changing the xml for the upgraded ones to
      <blueprintGraphicData>
         <texPath>Things/Building/Embrasure_Blueprint_Atlas</texPath>
      </blueprintGraphicData>
just like the one in the Embrasures.xml.
And the upgraded ones finally appeared in my Architech menu.

So after seeing Goldsmiths post i opened my embrasure defs and this is what i saw. the embrasure itself works but none of the upgrades do.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kaptain_kavern

Try to open it with a text editor.

There's some link on the wiki on this page

Kaballah

Popping in to say I really like how this mod has turned out.  I still think the item recipes are balanced pretty well.  Great mod  :D

kahlzun

Small bug report: When trying to craft a bionic leg on the table, the pawn says they're making a kidney.
See below:
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

brunayla

Quote from: kahlzun on July 21, 2015, 09:14:50 PM
Small bug report: When trying to craft a bionic leg on the table, the pawn says they're making a kidney.

I will look into that also they mods seem to work as is for alpha 12

It should be fixed now

Brunayla