[TOOL] Rimworld Mod Manager _ Updated 2016-05-29

Started by Jaxxa, October 30, 2014, 06:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H8ff0000

@Jaxxa
Found a very minor typo:

Open the program, select Load, then New. The following window is called NewProfile. Near the top of this window, it says the following:
'Please createa new profile:'
There is no space between 'create' and 'a'.
I know this is hardly even noticeable, but I noticed, so I figured I'd pass it along.
And let me take this opportunity to say thank you for all of your hard work.

Deimos Rast

I don't know how much time you're still devoting to this, but as some one who pumps a lot of mods into his install, this would be an invaluable tool. However, there is a slight issue: I'm on Linux, and it would seem you're not.

I can get it to run with Mono, but the issue is how the different OS's handle file pathing (Windows/Linux). Windows uses C:\Blah\Blah\ whereas the Linux equivalent would be C:/Blah/Blah/ (it also handles spacing in folder names differently I believe).
I futzed around in the settings and changed what I could to use *proper* Linux pathing, but it would seem there is more at work than I can fix from my end.
Admittedly, the target market for such a fix would be pretty small, so it might not be worth your while. Still, it'd be neato. ;D
Cheers.

p.s. If you don't already know, hitting Move Up/Down on a blank modlist throws an exception. Not really an issue, but figured I'd mention it.
#StopPluginAbuse

Jaxxa

Quote from: H8ff0000 on August 15, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
Thanks I will fix that in the next version.

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 18, 2016, 10:02:38 PM

Yeah, I am not on linux, I wasn't even aware that it would run.
I can have a quick look if I can see what would be breaking things and if there is a better way to do it that will work for windows and linux.

Phidaissi

I've not done much in C#, but in many places Windows will accept forward slashes, so if that doesn't break it just using them by default is one option.

The other is to fetch the OS specific path separator.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.path.pathseparator(v=vs.110).aspx

samuk190

i hope you continue, and add "duplicate name mod list"
because i have steam and non steam mods, and sometimes it conflicts because i enable two mods that have same name xD

Jaxxa

What exactly would you want for a "duplicate name mod list"?

Just a list of mods that are duplicated in both Steam and Non steam folders?

TeflonJim

Quote from: Phidaissi on September 03, 2016, 01:15:25 AM
The other is to fetch the OS specific path separator.
In theory the static method System.IO.Path.Combine rather than concatenating strings should let you build OS-specific paths without requiring hard-coding or discovery of the path separator. I, personally, have never tried :)

On a Linux / Unix system, is workshop content also stored relative to the game content? That is, is this roughly correct?

Game: <steamLibDir>/steamapps/common/RimWorld
Workshop modules: <steamLibDir>/steamapps/workshop/content/<steamAppID>/<modsByWorkshopID>

Is the SteamAppID happily stored in a "steam_appid.txt" file in the game directory as it is in Windows?

Chris

Smexy_Vampire