More events

Started by Smasher5523, October 30, 2014, 02:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher5523

I love the games current events like solar flare and eclipse *cough cough* but i feel they can get very repetitive and common, so i thought of a few new events from mods that could be added
Earth quakes (damages a few walls, buildings and maybe a colonist or 2)
Floods(when it rains a lot, an area can temporarily turn into a shallow sea kind of thing)
Random speech events(such as "john was mad that he was on a random rimworld, and threw a rock at the wall that bounced right back" then the colonist "john" gets a bruise?)
Animal mutation(very rarely an animal can turn into a super mutation, a muffalo can turn into a big fluffy ball of muscle, and a squirrel turns into a super quick jumping thing.)
Generous colonists(every now and then a colonist can "feel generous" and give something of they own to the colony such as a weapon or a bit of silver, etc)
Risk/reward events(this may be added already, im not sure as i play with mods all the time, but if not there could be a risk reward event like "John has spotted a raider camp out a few miles away, he thinks if hes quick he can steal all the guns." then there can be like a 48% chance john gets caught. you can choose wether to let the colonist go or stay!)
and finally, transmissions (every now and then you get a different transmission from a ship in space, saying something like "HELP! MECHANOIDS ARE KILLING US ALL, HE-" incoming crashed ship part)

Smasher5523

I also forgot to mention, it would be great if you could draft everyone, get them into positions in like a killbox or something, then save those positions and when you get another raid, boom hit the load button and they are all there and ready

Shinzy

I'd like some minor events like "Slippy slipped, twisting his ankle" or "Tripsie tripped over on the cable and broke her nose" or "Trayzio was too anxious to go eat and dropped his tray" or "Explodora's pet boomrat squaked happily as they pranced through the rosegarden. Everybody involved had so much fun!"

I like new events! and I'm sure there will be more in the future, too!
aand then have them removed or tuned down because enemy agents and sudden mental hospital simulator  ::)

I wouldn't even have anything against mutant aminals if their mutation would be explained properly
and doesn't happen just out of the blue

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Shinzy on October 30, 2014, 04:11:58 PM
I wouldn't even have anything against mutant aminals if their mutation would be explained properly
and doesn't happen just out of the blue

"A local boomrat fell into some green goop and grew ten meters tall." At least that is how Hollywood thought me mutation works.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Smasher5523

Shinzy, you land on an unknown rimworld somewhere random out in space and there are rats that explode when they die, and turtles that go mad because of nothing... and you say out of the blue? HELL no!

Shinzy

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 30, 2014, 05:19:59 PM
Shinzy, you land on an unknown rimworld somewhere random out in space and there are rats that explode when they die, and turtles that go mad because of nothing... and you say out of the blue? HELL no!

but theres a psychic wave! you can't expect to have dozens of injection needles full of radioactive goop to just rain off the sky and mutate the wildlife!

I'd rather it's something that appears on the map that could randomly start to mutate the wildlife if left unattended
(Kinda like how the ship part can randomly pick one random colonist and insta-brainwash them)

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Shinzy on October 30, 2014, 06:26:05 PM
Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 30, 2014, 05:19:59 PM

but theres a psychic wave! you can't expect to have dozens of injection needles full of radioactive goop to just rain off the sky and mutate the wildlife!

I'd rather it's something that appears on the map that could randomly start to mutate the wildlife if left unattended
(Kinda like how the ship part can randomly pick one random colonist and insta-brainwash them)

*a drop pod has arrived of some toxic material. Unfortunately the material leaked upon entering the atmosphere, destroying the pods safety mechanism. It exploded on impact has has mutated any living creature near the crash site*

-Next Yellow Envelope-
Pablo was too close to the explosion and has been mutated. His last moments of conciousness directed his now mutated body back to your base*

Explanation enough?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...