Multiplayer mod or update in the future?

Started by Kieron31, October 30, 2014, 04:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kieron31

can anyone tell me if there is a multiplayer mod or will multiplayer be coming in the future?

Architect

I can 100% guarantee that there will never be a multi-player mod XD As for a multi-player update, I think Tynan has said no, but I am not 100% sure.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Jaxxa

Depends on what you define multiplayer as.

Multiple people issuing commands / viewing the same map simultaneously, really not going to happen. It should possible but would be an insane amount of work so I really doubt we will see a mod or base game implementation any time soon, maybe leave this for Rimworld 2.

What would be more possible is asynchronous multiplayer. Being able to send personnel / equipment to another colony, where it would then be controlled by the new Player or AI.

I am working on a solution for moving things between your own colonies, the base of it is working, it just needs some GUI and logic work.

If you were to combine this with a web server to transfer the files you could get that working as basic multiplayer trading.

richeygator

cant really talk about a mod-anything can happen there
but tynan has said(not sure exactly were-just bits and pieces in certain threads)
that if there is multiplayer,it will be co-op not pvp
but also that its really unlikely
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD