[MOD] (Alpha 8) The Metal Age 0.0.3 , core game overhaul mod. (16/01/2015)

Started by Ironvos, January 05, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironvos

6Mb is the right size so that's not the problem.
You must have just deactivated them both somehow.
If you haven't already done so, you can repair your game by going to the ModsConfig.xml file as i have described in the OP and editing whats inthere.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>657</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

This will reset your game to the default version.
Additionally you could also just edit this file to make use of my mod like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>657</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>The Metal Age 0.0.3</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

hope that helps.

milon

@Ironvos, I just found Project EONS.  You should consider collaboration, or at least helping out each other.

Ironvos

It looks like an interesting concept.
However i fully intend on keeping my own mod separate from other mods/modders for the time being.
Although i wouldn't have a problem with sharing assets or ideas.
Reasons being that this allows me to do fixes and tweaks whenever i want to, which is often needed as i use this mod for my youtube channel where i often stumble on problems that i need to change.

Another reason, somewhat similar maybe is that Rimworld gets a new alpha about every 2 months or so.
And that means the mod also needs to be updated along with the game, so the shorter the development cycle is the faster i can update it. Not having to rely on others for now makes it so i can update it pretty fast.

Also there's some differences between my mod and Eons.
My mod still starts from the same position as vanilla rimworld does.
A bunch of people from a shipwreck stranded on a planet.
The reasons for research is not so much an advancement of technology like in Civ games, but more a sort of 'reinvention' of how to make things.
Imagine you were stranded on an island.
You would still know what electricity is, or whats guns are, and all that sort of things.
You just don't know exactly how to make it all because someone else has been making it for you, but you have a general idea of how to do it.

Eons seems to be more like the Civ games in where you start with a bunch of cavemen and advance more linearly trough technology.
But still i'm looking forward to see how that mod progresses.

15scavenger

im sorry but may i ask.... is it compatible with Edb Interface UI Mod?

Ironvos

Quote from: 15scavenger on January 25, 2015, 04:54:37 AM
im sorry but may i ask.... is it compatible with Edb Interface UI Mod?

Yes it is, i use it all the time myself.