How do I make custom event?

Started by Aristocat, October 31, 2014, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Like, pirate start pod assault when solar flare, start every day with crop blight for few days so player must hunt, psychic drone make all animals insane(and more animals spawn into map to attack colony), activate Solar flare as soon as merchant come so player can't trade, one of colonist was actually pirate and, every single circuit in the map explode and pirate start pod assault. etc,

These are all already in vanilla game. where should I start?(I know it require C knowledge, I don't even know basic though..)

Edit : and what's name(Defs) of corpse? I want to do something with specific droid corpse.

Matthiasagreen

I honestly know nothing about modding, but I recommend you study This mod. i would imagine it would have everything you need to know about adding cutsom events.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Rikiki

Not discouraging you but without any C coding knowledge, it will be very hard (read impossible).
All the core definition of an event must be coded in C#, not only in XML.
The mod mentionned by Matthiasagreen will be a good start. Minami has also posted a thread about tick based events.
Good luck anyway! :)

Tsilliev

;D Maybe I overdid it by putting too much arrows?

Tsilliev

Quote from: Rikiki on November 02, 2014, 02:25:52 AM
It is in case the link in my post is not long enough
Quotethread about tick based events
;D

You are giving bad example, its like a guy asks you to give him the remote control, it is next to him, but anyway you pick it up and give it to him, next time he will ask you to pick up his keys from his pocket and open the door, no you should tell him, the remote control is there next to you instead.  :D

Or in our case, people will stop looking for their problem even if its 1 thread above theirs, they will just ask for a link, teach them to fish for answers and not depend on others to do their work, its inefficient,slow and takes from everyone's time.