[MOD] [ALPHA10] The Inspection !DISCONTINUED! A10Update (10.05.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, October 31, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 08, 2015, 08:16:24 PM

Edit: Degrade able traps like tsungen did is really nice. Personly if im able to I might try doing it as a tier 1 traps, and electric ones as tier 2 research able ones.

This would be a great idea, hope to see how it would turn it  ;D

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 08, 2015, 08:16:24 PM
Well was waiting for a clear sign to post this patch for JuliaEllie to Alpha10f, but here it comes if she don't says otherwise.

Download in attachment

Changes:
- Updated faction detection so it now only triggers on hostile factions that is not of your colony.
- Added so spiketraps now also triggers on animals.
- Bugfixed so spiketraps "really" don't trigger on friendly colonies.
- And yes it's been play tested stable. (if not any bugs crawled in when i wasn't looking...)

Hope you all like the results. ^^

Edit: Degrade able traps like tsungen did is really nice. Personly if im able to I might try doing it as a tier 1 traps, and electric ones as tier 2 research able ones.

Thanks for updating the mod and taking some work from my shoulders. If you like I can put this version in the original post and make the official A10 update for the mod

Neocryptorian

Quote from: JuliaEllie on May 09, 2015, 07:35:22 AM
Thanks for updating the mod and taking some work from my shoulders. If you like I can put this version in the original post and make the official A10 update for the mod

Please do that to help people to notice that it's ready for Alpha 10f, and to have something up while I'm working on the overhauled derivative work of your great mod.  ;D

Notice for everyone reading this I am going to continue improving this mod as a derivative work and under a slightly altered name and thread with good wishes from JuliaEllie and has already implemented all suggestions from "deadlydullahan" at Link

Current status:
For the moment I'm at the stage of testing and confirming that everything works flawlessly. Will post the new thread when everything is finalized, currently it is very promising.

current A9 pre-updated version for A10f posted here.

Credits:
Want to really credit JuliaEllie here for the ground idea and work behind this mod and also tsungen for being a really nice fellow helping out.

Have fun everyone hope to hear from you in the future.  :D

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 10, 2015, 01:08:45 PM

Notice for everyone reading this I am going to continue improving this mod as a derivative work and under a new name and thread with good wishes from JuliaEllie and has already implemented all suggestions from "deadlydullahan" at Link

Looking forward to it, and excellent job  ;D

Ouan

In the terrible darkness of the future..... we still totally have spike traps! FTW!
Damn Pirates!

Dave-In-Texas

awesome, looking forward to trying it out!

edit:  Well that didn't get very far.

Exception loading floorspiker.dll: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Games\RimWorld785Win\Mods\Floorspikes\Assemblies\floorspiker.dll

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.ReloadAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Neocryptorian

What netframe versions you got installed and anyone else having this error?

And please pm me with versions and mods in use and the games log file when it crash, and i will take a look at it...

Dear regards
Neocryptorian

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 12, 2015, 09:57:21 AM
What netframe versions you got installed and anyone else having this error?

And please pm me with versions and mods in use and the games log file when it crash, and i will take a look at it...

Dear regards
Neocryptorian

Oh right: Unity support .NET 3.5 and NOT the new 4.0 so you will have to change your solution settings to .NET 3.5

Neocryptorian

Ok my bad im almost 100% certain i used .net 4.0 will make the required changes and update earlier post.

~Franklin D. Roosevel

Dave-In-Texas

I'm glad Jellie responded because i was unsure what exactly you wanted from me :-)

Dave-In-Texas

Thanks for your efforts, but I'm still having no joy.

Windows 8.1 x64  but that shouldn't matter (it never has before)

I've attached my original mods config. I also tried it alone with no other mods, same result.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on May 12, 2015, 11:01:35 PM

I've attached my original mods config. I also tried it alone with no other mods, same result.

I've since discovered that however you did what you did before.. it created a 0byte dll (floorspiker.dll) that i have NO permissions to view, edit or delete.. which means the entire directory path is stuck now.
windows keeps giving me errors about not having permissions... and i'm the only administrator.  so no doubt thats part of whats going on.
not really sure why what you wrote is so different from every other addon but.. yeah :)

I rebooted the pc and I guess everything I was doing took effect (no instructions to reboot but when in doubt, right?) since i was able to delete the file.   It took a little work but I determined it was the extraction program I am using (at least as far as making that file 0bytes, which emphatically would not work).   So, now I have a newer (well to me) 7Z extractor and it seems to actually do it right :)

and just confirmed that Rimworld loads perfectly now (no time for a game but thats an excellent sign.

Neocryptorian

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on May 13, 2015, 10:47:44 AM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on May 12, 2015, 11:01:35 PM

I've since discovered that however you did what you did before.. it created a 0byte dll (floorspiker.dll) that i have NO permissions to view, edit or delete.. which means the entire directory path is stuck now.
windows keeps giving me errors about not having permissions... and i'm the only administrator.  so no doubt thats part of whats going on.
not really sure why what you wrote is so different from every other addon but.. yeah :)

I rebooted the pc and I guess everything I was doing took effect (no instructions to reboot but when in doubt, right?) since i was able to delete the file.   It took a little work but I determined it was the extraction program I am using (at least as far as making that file 0bytes, which emphatically would not work).   So, now I have a newer (well to me) 7Z extractor and it seems to actually do it right :)

and just confirmed that Rimworld loads perfectly now (no time for a game but thats an excellent sign.

Edit: Happy everything worked out for you was getting a headache trying to figure out where I had made a mistake.  ::)

Hope you don't get any more problems and have fun now  ;D

~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

How are things going? I saw that traps are being added and worked on in the changelog, should talk to Tynan and see what his opinion on spike traps might be and if he plans on maybe adding them in as a trap.