Change object's value after research

Started by Tsilliev, November 01, 2014, 11:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsilliev

So I am trying to make a geothermal generator with refined stats every time the proper research project is researched, so I actually have 2 geothermal generators with the same deftype names, ie its the same generator, but the second one is providing more power if the proper research project is researched, if I do this, I get the research project, but the geothermal generator disappears from the GUI i guess its broken? Do I really need to make researchspecial and create .dll?

skullywag

It seems the old way of enhancing an object via the research def no longer works (thats why embrasures was not really updated). The only way I know of is to have a second building behind research and have the player deconstruct and replace it, or use the special research dll approach.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tsilliev

Quote from: skullywag on November 01, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
It seems the old way of enhancing an object via the research def no longer works (thats why embrasures was not really updated). The only way I know of is to have a second building behind research and have the player deconstruct and replace it, or use the special research dll approach.

So I guess I will do it the hard way.  :D

Rikiki

I used a lot the specialResearch mechanic in the last Mining & Co. mods for workbench recipes unlock.
Source code is not shipped this time (no time :P), but have a look into the dll with ILSpy! :)

Edit: M&C.mispelled => Mining & Co.

Tsilliev

Quote from: Rikiki on November 02, 2014, 02:22:34 AM
I used a lot the specialResearch mechanic in the last M&C. mods for workbench recipes unlock.
Source code is not shipped this time (no time :P), but have a look into the dll with ILSpy! :)

Thanks I will do that, but anyway what is M&C? Mining and Co?

Rikiki

Yep, sorry I mispelled it and I am quite used to it so that was a shortcut... ;)

Tsilliev

Quote from: Rikiki on November 02, 2014, 07:45:37 AM
Yep, sorry I mispelled it and I am quite used to it so that was a shortcut... ;)

I thought it was something else but I guess i was spot on.  :D