Most broken or stupid Mod Mechanics you can think of

Started by Wolpeti, May 26, 2022, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolpeti

Lets shittalk some mods without getting banned off Steam,

my favorite broken and idiotic Mod Mechanic is the "Hail" from Vanilla Events Expanded.

Its the most annoying and misplaced mod feature i can come up with. It only creates chaos and waste without realy doing what "Hail" storm actually does.
So when you get "hail" all pawns outside in the storm get thiny amounts of damage from Hail, which causes them to run around and reaching for medicin for a 1 Damage Bruise. They also run around using medicin on animals which also suffer from 1 HP bruises. Its annoying, its waste, its not even how hail works. Hail destroys crops and doesn't bruise animals. It would be more interesting if it would damage and destroy crops and small plants and that sort of stuff. Instead it forces you in the position of just buerocrating the game, the total opposite of what games are about, by either drafting all your pawns and look them inside for the time peroid until the storm is over, or if thats not possible you have to prevent them from wasting medicin on 1 HP damage bruises. Its such an idiotic, moronic, broken and annoying feature it should ge ta plastic bag over its head and be beaten with a crowbar.

Canute

Ask yourself, would you go outside during a hailstorm ?
If the answer is No, why you allow it for your colonist ?
When a toxic fallout event happen, you prolly set all colonist to stay inside or undeer roofed areas.
The same should you do during the hailstorm.

And you can disable some event's with the scenario editor for your next playthrough.

Wolpeti

i knew "there will be some guy trying to square this cycle". And right there first post is this risk averse, neutered and totaly tone deaf response of "staying under the roof" by 9999 posts of anti-content.
First off yes i go outside when there is a hailstorm because i have to place a tarp over my tomato plants or i lose them again like last year. This is real life hail mechanic, not some bullshit 1 HP bruise damage. And "disable some events" isn't the point of the mod mechanic here. Otherwise its just fuck all and its just code anyway and there is no point to it. Its buerocratic mod management till the point of nihilism.

How about you ask yourself why you don't even bother after 9999 posts of wasted time to correctly learn the english language. Its not " 's" for plural, its just "s". You make an extra effort to get it wrong. And the other people here disrespect you for your idiotic anti-content posts so much they never ever bothered to correct you on this, like when the karate guys trained the one guy wrong as a joke. You could just join in shooting the shit instead being this bothersome, unfunny, socialy akward "well ackchyually" walking meme but you can't help yourself and thats why you have 9999+ posts of nonsense accumulated.

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Canute

Quote from: Wolpeti on May 27, 2022, 05:18:40 PM
How about you ask yourself why you don't even bother after 9999 posts of wasted time to correctly learn the english language. Its not " 's" for plural, its just "s". You make an extra effort to get it wrong.

I just want to thank you about that.
Since you point me at that i am more sensible about how to use it and indeed i do it automatical wrong most of the time.
Yes i know the difference between "s" and " 's", but you know when you did it wrong for years it become an automatical thing.
And yes english isn't my native/primal language and at school i wasn't that good either.
And i don't care about wrong grammar from other people, as long it is understandable.