rimworld RTD(roll to dodge)

Started by richeygator, November 02, 2014, 07:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

What happened to this? Are we still going to do this or what?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

richeygator

Quote from: vagineer1 on December 11, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
What happened to this? Are we still going to do this or what?

*yeah we are,sorry i haven't posted in a while
its not dead,just hibernating
im sure im still doing it...just not sure exactly how to go about it

hmmmmmm,nevermind-lets just start
(yolo right)*

you've all been hired by the UFC to investigate one of there failed colony's
your all in the cockpit of a spaceship approaching your destination

the pilot,a 30 something well built male
turns around and asks
"you guys ever done this before?"
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

vagineer1

(Gareth turns to the pilot)

Nope, for all of my life I was working on the construction of ships back on earth. I was always intrigued by the tools used to build them and I heard that the tools that most colony settlers use is the very same tool, so I signed on to see if that was true.

Anyway I was hired because of my construction skills in case if something on this ship or something on the planet is going to need repairs.

(Gareth turns to the other passengers)

What about you guys? Why were you hired?
You see this tank?

Halinder

"Hired? You're.. you're being paid for this?" Cuffs gazes in awe of Gareth, holding the look for a solid four seconds before bursting out laughing, clapping his dusty gloves together and kicking up some extra dirt into the atmosphere.

"Nah, I'm kidding. I'm just here because they need one of 'em do-it-all's, determination 'n' all that crap. I can handle people. Consider me a combatant, decent janitor, and craftsman. Guess they just needed someone to uh, make sure things went smoothly, eh?"

Cuffs cackled for a minute, his handy plasteel hatchet poking out from his satchel and cutting him off quite literally as it scores across his glove's side, slight bleeding emitting from underneath. "Oh, hell. Put the thing in its satchel the wrong way again.."

He becomes preoccupied with slowing the bleeding, showing at least a basic understanding of treatments, though nothing more as he falls silent.

vagineer1

(Gareth looks at Cuffs and lets out a slight chuckle)

Combatant eh? Can't even handle your own axe without hurting yourself.

But in all seriousness I am being paid for this. The company I worked for back on Earth has connections to the UFC, and my company chose me to come along with you guys.

(Gareth reaches into his satchel and pulls out a packet of cigarettes and a lighter, and lights one up and takes a long drag)

(Gareth then offers the pack and lighter to the other passengers)

Anyone want a smoke?
You see this tank?

Reysuke

(Rey looks at Gareth)
No thanks. I need my Lungs to be Healthy. Also smoking here will make the alarm go off so you shouldnt smoke in the Cockpit.
(Turns to the Pilot)
Kinda...
But we didnt call it "Investigate", we called it Scavange. We had to survive back then.
(Talks to Gareth without looking at him)
Sorry. Never answered your first Question. I know how to survive. Thats why i am here.
(walks towards Cuff)
Even its a small cut take this.(Hands Cuff a small Tube with a Medical Paste in it) Its a Xerigium paste. Should prevent Infections.

vagineer1

Quote from: Reysuke on December 13, 2014, 12:15:09 PM
(Rey looks at Gareth)
No thanks. I need my Lungs to be Healthy. Also smoking here will make the alarm go off so you shouldnt smoke in the Cockpit.
(Turns to the Pilot)
Kinda...
But we didnt call it "Investigate", we called it Scavange. We had to survive back then.
(Talks to Gareth without looking at him)
Sorry. Never answered your first Question. I know how to survive. Thats why i am here.
(walks towards Cuff)
Even its a small cut take this.(Hands Cuff a small Tube with a Medical Paste in it) Its a Xerigium paste. Should prevent Infections.

(Gareth tips the cigarette ash into a little tin he has beside him and turns to Cuffs)

Don't worry about the smoke, this isn't some 21st century aeroplane, these beauties collect any kind of smoke in the air and put it through an air cleaning tank which turns it into fresh air. So in some way I am keeping us all alive by smoking.

(Gareth turns forward and continues to smoke)
You see this tank?

richeygator

*you guys want to talk a little bit more
or should i just get on with the "story"*

Reysuke

So you are not smoking... You are just being Fancy. Im not interrested and these fancy Glitterworld Toys.
(Walks to the Pilot)
So, How far are we away?
Do i have Time for a Nap?

*Your Choice, You are the GM :p Its your Story and our Journey*

vagineer1

Quote from: richeygator on December 13, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
*you guys want to talk a little bit more
or should i just get on with the "story"*

*I'd personally say go ahead with the story, but if anyone wants to get to know the other characters more, I'm fine with that*
You see this tank?

Halinder

Cuffs takes the paste and eyes it over, before laughing aloud and handing it back to the medic, swapping out his hand's current inhabitant for the cigarette without a moment's notice.

"Let's not waste medical supplies on a simple /scratch/, eh? All those superdiseases are back home -- y'know, where the antibiotics live!"

He seems to share Gareth's passion as he soon removes a zippo lighter from his duster's left pocket, flicking it open and sparking the flame before lighting the cigarette, taking to smoking for a moment before blowing it all out, doing so in a heavy sigh. His thumb soon flicks the zippo closed, afterwards pocketing the item.

"Mhm, mhm. Ain't a good thing, no sir, but the devil's got some hell'a good uh.. how's that story go? Temptation fruit 'er whatever it's called?"

Halinder

richeygator

your suddenly interrupted by an inhumanly screech,coming from the back of the ship
the ship shakes violently for a few seconds

vagineer1

(Due to the shaking Gareth falls out of his seat and onto the floor)

What the hell was that?

(Gareth looks at the others)

You guys alright?
You see this tank?

Reysuke

(Also fell on the Floor)
Yeah. Im Fine.
(Turns to the Pilot)
Explaination please?What happend?