[MOD] [ALPHA9] Rainbow Road - by JuliaEllie - - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, November 02, 2014, 08:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey everybody,

this is my new mod. Its called Rainbow Road and it adds colored floor lights which light up on pressure. They come in different colors as well as random colors.

This is another mod made live on my stream in about 4 hours - so thank you for your ideas and suggestions.  Love you <3

UPDATE

-changed power consumption to 1 (if you want more you can change it back;))
-added white floor light

DOWNLOAD!!

Rikiki

Diiiiiisco-time! 8)

Maybe add a disco ball that adds some mood bonus and is a gathering item for idle colonists.
A jukebox would be also awesome! :D

skullywag

Im smiling inside for reasons that will become apparent when everybodys mod is released.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: skullywag on November 02, 2014, 09:32:42 AM
Im smiling inside for reasons that will become apparent when everybodys mod is released.

The first rule of everybodys mod is you dont talk about everybodys mod!

Shinzy

Quote from: Rikiki on November 02, 2014, 09:30:38 AM
Diiiiiisco-time! 8)

Maybe add a disco ball that adds some mood bonus and is a gathering item for idle colonists.
A jukebox would be also awesome! :D

This! thiiis! tune the jukebox to some irl online radio
Epilepsy trait needs to be added aswell

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Just played with this a bit and it is awesome for sure. I'd like a regular white light option as well though. And the power requirement of 50 per panel is a bit high to me (especially since the light isn't constantly on) so I just edited that down to 5. I want to do every floor in my base that isn't covered by an object with this stuff. I only had 4 colonists when I saved and quit to edit the energy cost but it was pretty awesome seeing all of them walk around the kitchen (the room I had decorated with this) during meal time.

[edit to add] After playing with 5 power cost per tile I still had to reduce it even further to 1 and that still wasn't good enough for my whole base to be covered. Apparently you can't do a whole bunch of these all over the entire base even with 3 geo gens. I am not sure if you're able to reduce power cost to decimal numbers but I'm going to try to reduce it even further and see if I can find a power cost that is reasonable enough for such large scale usage when I play next.

DracoGriffin

Maybe Rainbow Road is only meant for the most opulent of Glitterworlds; not mere backwood colonies!

Serious note, with vanilla power sources it'd be pretty difficult to power for very long.
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

JuliaEllie

Yes I really have to change the power consumption.. Oh wait I just did :D

Update:

-lowered power consumption to 1
-added white floor light

harpo99999

I have modded your rainbow roads(v1) to use 0.50 energy, and no issues

Igabod

Quote from: harpo99999 on November 04, 2014, 05:24:39 AM
I have modded your rainbow roads(v1) to use 0.50 energy, and no issues

thanks. I still haven't gotten around to playing the game since I made my last post.

Defection

Can you maybe make textures for roads like in this picture?
It would look better. It is just rough sample.

[attachment deleted due to age]

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Defection on December 18, 2014, 11:23:46 AM
Can you maybe make textures for roads like in this picture?
It would look better. It is just rough sample.

Thank you very much for your texture suggestion but the Rainbow Road isnt literally a road but acryl floor tiles. There could also be problems with making the texture look good in blocks because of the lights on the left and right. Whenever you use asymetric textures as in walls or conduits you need a Texture Atlas which shows all possible looks of a texture based on the linking. For more info you can refer to Superior Crafting 2 which had draggable tables which use a texture atlas.

Defection