Megascarab needs to be more ''mega''

Started by Valdemar FIN, November 02, 2014, 07:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar FIN

Upon first hearing about megascarab (hadn't played desert before) I thought of hulking beasts size of a muffalo.  However when I first saw it was ''only'' size of a  boomrat, I was mildly disappointed. Sure, seeing a bug as large as rat IRL is horrifying, but in rimworld is pretty meh. Replacing casual dromedar with scarabs of equal size would make the game more interesting and give rimworlds you settle a little bit more alien and interesting look.

PS.  If scarabs get a size buff then make their leather item ''chitin''.

StatikMilk30

The lore is that the tiny ones are the males or females, I dont remember, but their counter part is the big mother fucker.

RawCode

real scarabs size less then cigarette pack.

just imagine cockroach size of dog, it will be "mega" compared to normal size.

BetaSpectre

TBH I don't really think that's needed, you gotta remember that its in a freakin desert there's a reason why we don't have elephants in the Mojave.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

NoImageAvailable

I can only imagine the kind of dung ball a dromedary sized scarab would produce.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

skullywag

Find the scarab in the thingdef folder and set overdraw to true. Tada megascarab.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coenmcj

I was honestly expecting something the size of this...
http://i.imgur.com/qK4xzqW.jpg
When it was first announced, but then I realized that would be really, really silly.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

REMworlder

Quotejust imagine cockroach size of dog, it will be "mega" compared to normal size.

Plus megascarabs are on the workers. I think the potential for the megascarab to be interesting lies in exploring its bigger/deadlier insectectoid relatives, or the relation megascarabs could have towards mechanoids (their natural enemies).

Wex

Also, try to go melee with one. See how many pieces the colonist loses. That is, IF they win.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

StorymasterQ

Relax, guys, it's only a megascarab. We'll worry when we have to deal with gigascarabs, terrascarabs, and later petascarabs.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

There's a reason planets go dark and cut off all ties with the universe as they reach transcendance....

The YottaScarab...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Halinder

I'm hoping Tynan actually intends to add the genetically modified insectoid warriors to the game, it'd be really cool. Maybe we'll even get to visit said hives in the future and see the megascarabs digging tunnels whilst giant warrior creatures behead forward scouts.

Barley

But even if you fight off the Yottascarab and manage to successfully convert the planet into a glitterworld, you still run the risk of awakening the googolscarab.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Barley on November 05, 2014, 12:34:45 AM
But even if you fight off the Yottascarab and manage to successfully convert the planet into a glitterworld, you still run the risk of awakening the googolscarab.

There's also the googolplexscarab, but that's not even its final form.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Thorin

8) I think that the brains of the colonists should be infected with nanoscarabs.
size doesn't matter (sometimestm)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"