How to update game to the new patches?

Started by DaNewb, November 06, 2013, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaNewb

I noticed in the official Patch Log post that there are multiple version 253's out now and i am curious if anyone could point me to the thread which describes how or where to get the updates.  If that does not exist could someone please post the information about how to update to the most recent version please.  Perhaps someone could create an official thread or sticky this or w/e.  Here is the information i am going off that makes me believe there is a new patch out:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

Stickle

Oh wow, I want 253b! I'm on my 3rd kingdom (cassandra), and I haven't gotten an event besides raiders and a very rare mad squirrel in a very long time. My population is up to 19 but it's been over 10 for a long time now (I'm 6 days into the 19th cycle). And from those patch notes:

QuoteFixed a serious bug in Cassandra which was blocking events at high populations.

I want! I'm assuming that the list includes internal updates, which he doesn't think are quite ready for the public, though. Hopefully we get to see some of those changes soon!

DaNewb

I think it would be weird for them to post internal unfinished patches in the a public patch note post.  There is nothing wrong with posting it publicly if it is not available, and i actually really enjoy seeing what is being worked on but i just thought it is very very abnormal.

Tynan

I'm going to push a public build pretty soon with a lot of fixes.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Lechai

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 10:59:24 PM
I'm going to push a public build pretty soon with a lot of fixes.
I'm palpable with anticipation...

Ashigaru

Looking forward to it Tynan. I can't wait to build another colony and keep plugging away :D

Pendryn

Game run toggle... nice.
Reticulating all the splines.

chaotix14

Quote from: Pendryn on November 07, 2013, 02:48:05 AM
Game run toggle... nice.

Not advised on smaller bases which still require some manual management when fighting off raiders.

Hyfrydle

How does the game update? Do we need to download again?

The number of downloads on the link sent was set to 3 so re-downloading is not really ideal.

Any help appreciated.

British

Quote from: Hyfrydle on November 07, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

The number of downloads on the link sent was set to 3 so re-downloading is not really ideal.
Yes, you have to download again, as each new build is a full version of the game.
The number of downloads resets for each new version.

Hyfrydle

DaNewb

Thank you very much and i hope to see them soon! Will we have to re download a new version of the game through our e-mail?

Sky_walker

Quote from: British on November 07, 2013, 08:24:45 AM
Quote from: Hyfrydle on November 07, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

Yes, you have to download again, as each new build is a full version of the game.
The number of downloads resets for each new version.
Well, I got version 250, according to changelog there should be version 253c but my counter didn't reset, and when I try to download - it's still v.250.
I think we have to wait for public updates, not just look into linked changelog for new versions.
Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

Spike

Just because Ty's updating the changelog doesn't mean he's put out a release. :p  Although, perhaps the forum should have a locked Announcements sub, to post patch notes, update releases and the like?

Lepakko

Can we get any update on patch? Like might it come today or maybe later? I just don't feel like starting new game if i know nice patch might pop soon.

Keep up the good work!