So when the game gets updated we all get emails?

Started by mc858, November 02, 2014, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

I checked out the change log and it seems like he is getting more and more done everyday- will there be an announcement by email? and how often does this game get updated? Also do you all generally start new games with the updates or do saves carry over with too much problem?

I friggin love it so far

Jaxxa

You should all get an email.

I have noticed that I don't always get emails for smaller releases, such as 7b or 7c, but have always gotten a email for the major releases 5,6,7 ect.

The link stays the same so I can use any of the emails to get the latest version, so watch for announcements for a while after a new release to pick up the hotfixes.

I would not expect the older maps to keep working (between main versions), even if they do there may be unexpected bugs so a new colony it better.

mc858

i see.

Does the change log show what he is working on to release in the future- or is it basically a new release everytime he adds something to the log. He basically adds stuff everyday to the log, but i assume that doesnt mean we have to download the .exe again to remain up to date right?

sorry if that doesnt make sense

Jaxxa

Change log is very much an internal work in progress and represents what work is actually happening behind the scenes.

We have to wait until an actual release before we can play with them.

skullywag

Top left of main menu screen has a version checker as well.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coenmcj

Change log signifies internal builds, once you see a whole bunch of bug fixes in the changelog day after day then you know it will be released soon. :D
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

christhekiller

You'll get emails for every big build. So for Alpha 8, Alpha 9, and Alpha 10 and so forth you should get an email. He usually releases hot fixes for major bugs or just major issues afterwards when they crop up but you'll have to keep up with the Blog for that.

Though, I think the Ludeon Launcher will serve as an auto updater after Alpha 8

DeltaV

Personally I just have my download link bookmarked, since it doesn't change per update.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.