NOT ENOUGH RAIDS!

Started by noahdaorkyboy, November 03, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahdaorkyboy

iv been on the planet  for 156 days and only had 2 raids! wtf m8!

Kagemusha

Not sure if trolling...

But, let's try.

It is important for us to know what story teller and what difficulty you are currently playing on. Certain story tellers can do this to you.

In future I would suggest refraining from CAPS spamming topic titles.
156 days with only two raids would probably make me feel a little put out too I must admit but no need to shout it at us.

togt

I wonder how you would like 156 raids in 156 days ;)

But I am pretty certain you didn't set the difficulty level too high. You can change it ingame right?

Thorin

Probably Phoebe - the base builder. That AI is skimpy with the raids, but excellent for getting too know the hows.

And yes, you can change the story teller in the menu. Did that too, switch to Casandra and was greeted with a dozen of mechanoids instantaneously (finally some fun)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Wex

Randy could pull the same. I had 5 merchant in orbit once, while being attacked by mechanoid; then a couple of visitor showed up. And then I got 3 months of nothingness.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Thorin

Good point. Haven't played with Randy Random yet.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

EarthyTurtle

Suggest you play on cassandra. She'll give you more raids.

It sounds like Pheobe's work if you ask me. I play Pheobe alot.

noahdaorkyboy

Quote from: Thorin on November 04, 2014, 02:07:16 AM
Probably Phoebe - the base builder. That AI is skimpy with the raids, but excellent for getting too know the hows.

And yes, you can change the story teller in the menu. Did that too, switch to Casandra and was greeted with a dozen of mechanoids instantaneously (finally some fun)
acually i was on randy random then to classic and got a seige sooo yeah

ShadowTani

Yeah, Randy is random like that. Lately I've been more unfortunate to have 3-4 hostile events right after each other (some even ended up overlapping because I couldn't deal with them fast enough) with little rest time before the next multi-event, lol. Good thing though is that it causes situations where the hostiles ends up fighting each other, otherwise I would been a dead bunny.

Thorin

If I read comments like that, I just think:
No hostile events for a long time - It's just drama for Randy.
Having 4 or 5 hostile events quickly after each other - It's just drama for Randy.

What a drama Queen he is :D

Headshotkill

Well, Randy is random and that means that you may have years of silence and then 7 attacks in 2 months... use the time to build up defences I'd say.

Wex

At any rate, the attack waves Randy sends, are proportionate to your defences.
Yes, having 4 at a time may sound harsh, but sometimes -and I mean SOMETIMES- they work out by themselves.
2 pirate raid meeting in front of your base's entrance? Kill the stragglers, capture the injured.
No losses.
Megascarab frenzy while attached by mechanoid? Weird draw. Lot of meat and metal for free.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Redclaw

I heard somewhere that the further you are from other camps (Can see camp when selecting landing site) the less raids you get, So if there aren't many factions fighting you + your miles away + the difficulty = Few raids (Maybe?) :P
The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

BetaSpectre

Depends on the difficulty setting is all. Though becareful of mods, they could have altered something if you're on Max Difficulty and Cassandra I think.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO