Scrollable Operations list

Started by Minus, October 27, 2014, 02:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus

The Extended Surgery mod on it's own often leaves me with a totally maxed out operations list. I wish I could scroll up and down the list, or maybe have it split into two columns. Anything to let me access all options. This could also be solved by having Install and Harvest as two seperate buttons.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

skullywag

The user interface is due an overhaul in general, unfortunately this is usually done later in the alpha. Also your problem is due to mods not the core game so Tynan is unlikely to go into "must fix" mode.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Minus

Quote from: skullywag on October 27, 2014, 05:20:44 AM
The user interface is due an overhaul in general, unfortunately this is usually done later in the alpha. Also your problem is due to mods not the core game so Tynan is unlikely to go into "must fix" mode.
It is caused by mods yes, but given how many people love the new operations added, I expect it'll be one of the main parts improved and expanded upon in Vanilla. It doesn't deserve dismissal just for being a mod.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

skullywag

And I'm sure if Tynan expands the surgery options he will address any gui issues he has then, if he has any.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

OK, I've made a note to robustify the floating menu. It will show multiple columns if there isn't enough vertical space.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vas

Another feature I'd like is to be able to hide items from future visits to the list, maybe like Windows Context menu, where you have an arrow pointing to the right to open a sub menu.  You can check an item to hide, and it goes into a list of "hidden items" that you have to click on to see the hidden items in a sub menu.  This item would always be at the end.  EG, I don't want peg legs, I won't even give a colonist legs unless I can make a bionic leg.  He'll just stay incapped till he dies if I can't make a good leg.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.