[MOD] (Alpha 7) Neolithic Mod (v.0.96b)

Started by ItchyFlea, November 07, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToXeye

I had some time playing this mod and a pirate came with one pistol and he just shot me down, so pirates should be changed to not come before you have researched the right type of weapon. *edit* but I don't know how hard it is to change that, so perhaps just change what weapons the pirates have. It would be nice if the pirates had flintlock pistols and said YARR, but that's for the YARR PIRATES mod... considering which, just delete the pirates and replace them with tribals.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ItchyFlea

Quote from: ToXeye on November 11, 2014, 03:53:57 AM
Still, if you get one gun from a pirate, you can then recruit some tribals from their attacks and make neolithic weapons for them if you get many tribals and only a few pirates. And if you get many pirates then you are outgunned, so it's a balance issue (too).
You can easily get outgunned during gameplay in vanilla RimWorld if you aren't careful. Same here.

Quote from: ToXeye on November 11, 2014, 07:09:12 AM
-snip-
If a lone pirate is wiping out your base, you need to change your tactics. I'm not going to remove pirates.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

Next update will possibly see the following (in no specific order):

Craftable simple guns. (Musket, Flintlock Pistol)
Reorganised architect menu.
Early-game sandbags (Wood barricades, provide half as much cover as sandbags?)
Change to how think roofs work so that they can be removed. (This might not work.)
Probably some other early/mid-game stuffs.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

New update out. This one will likely break existing saves, so don't download/install it until you've finished your current colony.

Additions/Changes:
Added Handcannon and Musket. Handcannon is crafted with bronze, musket with iron.
Added all weapon recipes to the iron age weapon making table, so it is a direct upgrade and the neolithic weapon making table can be deconstructed.
Changed thickroofs so they can be removed after being made to collapse the first time. (They'll collapse once, then they're gone.)
Wood barricades can be built. They should be half as effective as sandbags.

EDIT: Has anybody got a suggestion for a better name for this mod? It's current name doesn't accurately describe it.

StorymasterQ

Name suggestion? How about "RimWorld: Start Again" or "RimWorld: The Beginning"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ToXeye

^
Yes, this is a good idea. I can suggest some things too, "Ages of Rimworld" for example.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Aristocat

Titty Croissant
Attack of the Mutant Camels : Reload
Ninja Squirrels 3
World of Rim Reboot : Modern Reckoning Wrath of Ghost Warfare King Director's Cut Plasteel Edition
Darude : Sandstorm
Skyrimworld
Rim kardashian
Colony Crossing : New Prisoner
Colonization : Brave the Rimworld
How To Colonize Rimworld

Jokes aside, this mod seems very...  8) Down to earth.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ToXeye

If we consider that we begin with a research console, perhaps it would be good to add a "hard mode" where you start out being able to research anything except you can't do anything with it (for example, you can't use copper tool research without having copper). But that's just an idea, not an actual suggestion. It would make sense to guide the player through the Tech tree.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Shinzy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 14, 2014, 02:43:28 AM
"Down to Earth" actually sounds okay :D

The general Consensus of Shinzies
has voted Down to Earth as 'the' must name of the year

Igabod

Down to Earth doesn't make sense. This is based on a completely different planet.

Rikiki

I guess it is "earth" as the material, not our "Earth" planet...

Igabod

Quote from: Rikiki on November 14, 2014, 09:49:25 AM
I guess it is "earth" as the material, not our "Earth" planet...

but earth the material is named after Earth the planet. so that still doesn't work. There would be no earth material on a planet that isn't named Earth.

Matthiasagreen

Rimworld: Rise From The Ashes
Rimworld: By The Bootstraps
Rimworld: Well Shoot! Guess We Are Starting From Scratch
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

ItchyFlea

Well, I've seen several good suggestions. As well as some interesting ones.
I think I'll go with the one Aristocat suggested: "Titty Croissant" :P (That actually brings up a disturbing mental image...)

Actually, I have no idea what to go with. I think something along the lines of 'Starting From Scratch' would fit the spirit of the mod. Then again, somebody may come up with something entirely different that's perfect for the mod. 'Down To Earth' is a good example of such a different yet appropriate name. :)
I think we'll know it when we see it.