[MOD] (Alpha 7) Neolithic Mod (v.0.96b)

Started by ItchyFlea, November 07, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToXeye

Add the wololo sound from Age of Empires for each time you manage to convince someone of joining your colony.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Igabod

How about these suggestions?

Back to the Beginning
Building a new Civilization
Back to the Basics
Rimworld: Re-inventing the wheel
A New Beginning
Civilization Forgotten

I can possibly come up with others but I think my best suggestions are listed.

Aristocat

Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 14, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Well, I've seen several good suggestions. As well as some interesting ones.
I think I'll go with the one Aristocat suggested: "Titty Croissant" :P (That actually brings up a disturbing mental image...)

Actually, I have no idea what to go with. I think something along the lines of 'Starting From Scratch' would fit the spirit of the mod. Then again, somebody may come up with something entirely different that's perfect for the mod. 'Down To Earth' is a good example of such a different yet appropriate name. :)
I think we'll know it when we see it.
Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 14, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Well, I've seen several good suggestions. As well as some interesting ones.
I think I'll go with the one Aristocat suggested: "Titty Croissant" :P (That actually brings up a disturbing mental image...)

Actually, I have no idea what to go with. I think something along the lines of 'Starting From Scratch' would fit the spirit of the mod. Then again, somebody may come up with something entirely different that's perfect for the mod. 'Down To Earth' is a good example of such a different yet appropriate name. :)
I think we'll know it when we see it.

Hon Hon Hon indubitably.

Scratch that bitch, bache, batch, brach, bratsch, catch, drach, flach, gach, gatch, hach, hatch, kach, krach, lach, lache, latch, latsch, mache, matsch, patch, rach, snatch, stach, tatsch, thach, thatch, tkach, vlach, Itchy : Rematch
Teach me Itchy how to scratch that pitch - Edward Thatch -
Remnant of Technology
Semen of Future (It's Equivalent word of child) 
How I Met Your Colony
Followers of Ancient Knowledge
Downright Fallout
You're Belong to Museum
Duality of Cat ( http://imgur.com/a/9gH9b )
Stoneage Mod
Dead Old Paradise
Generations
Settlers
Let's Not Turn Rape into Organ Harvesting (did I gone too far..?)
Out of Bound
The New World

ToXeye

Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ZehAngrySwede

How about something like this for a name.

(From) The Ground Up?

ToXeye

And note that "Beyond Quality" is a dwarf fortress reference, not a pejorative. *edit* although it is not a good name for the mod.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ItchyFlea

Will have a new build uploaded in a couple of hours.
Added some new things, and still got some things to do before uploading:

Added:
Tailor Table no longer requires research (left the research item in the research menu though.) Plus it can make most forms of clothing now. (Pants, Shirt, CollarShirt, Jacket, Duster...)
Added Neolithic Tailor Table. Can only make tribal wear.
Added a secret item. I had way too much fun making it. :D

To do:
Make tin more common.
Pick a new name for the mod. (Might not be done today)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

New version available.

Changes/Additions:
The Tailor's Workbench no longer requires research to be built. I have left in the research part so that existing worlds aren't affected.
The Tailor's Workbench now has more clothing pieces. You can now craft Dusters, Jackets and Collar Shirts along with the existing things.
Added a Neolithic Tailor's Table. Can only make primitive (tribal) clothing. The Tailor's Workbench is a direct upgrade.
Added a secret item. Let me know what you think.
Tin is nearly twice as common as it was before.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

skullywag

i like the sneaky post title edit, nice touch.

BetterThanBoomrats
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

fals89

It is nice mode, but i think it needs some improvements. I wrote messages about it to ItchyFlea, but he never answered me. I guess he is not interested in that or my english is so bad, that he don't understand what i want or something else... But i don't really care about it already, i just think that it will be such a waste if i will be only one who play it, so if it is not a new version - it will be a fork. Enjoy!
http://fals89.wombatgs.org/Neolithic Mod.rar
Based on a 0.95 version.
Changes:
-Plate helmet textures now have openings for eyes
-"Metal from our ship that became fragile when it passed through the atmosphere." now costs half the price of iron, not ten times more expensive. Because having such pile of money is killing all the fun.
-When building the plants you can stretch them like floor, rather than clicking in each individual.
-Change ship metal to iron in "extracting metal from slag".
-Dead mechanoids now drop iron, not ship metal.
-Change ship metal to iron in mechanid butchering.
-Now different axes and pickaxes have a different cost.
-Now every buildings that use power needs wire for construction.
-Full Russian translation. (exept metal, it conflicts with translation from the core, don't have any idea what i can do about it.)

ItchyFlea

Quote from: fals89 on November 24, 2014, 07:19:33 AM
-snip-
I didn't answer because my free time is virtually non-existent at the moment. I am sorry about that. Your English is a lot better than some people I've met.

The metal is that expensive so that the game doesn't attempt to use it for the resource pod crash event, since it is a useless item.

Some of the changes you made are things I intend to add to the mod when I've got enough free time to do so. :)

ItchyFlea

Turns out that I've got some free time today.

First issue tackled (and hopefully solved): ship metal.
Now it stacks to 10000, has a value of 1, is highly flammable, has 1 hp, and is still completely useless. Plus it shouldn't drop in the resource pod crash event. I have it stacking that high because something that is useless but cannot be removed from the game shouldn't take up valuable space.

Slag now makes iron instead of metal.
Mechanoids that are disassembled produce steel, iron and wire.
Mechanoids no longer drop metal on death.
Mechanoids now explode like a boomrat when killed.
Plant "blueprints" can be dragged in 2 dimensions.
Removed the efficiency stat from deer butchery. This will prevent a colonist with a high stat producing more than 1 deer antler pick.
Added wire cost to buildings that didn't have it but should have.
Mechanoids now explode when killed. This explosion can damage nearby mechs. It can also harm colonists.
Removed 'ShutDown' medical recipe from mechanoids. It would trigger the explosion, killing whoever shutdown the mechanoid.

ItchyFlea

Put up a new version. Contains pretty much what I've said above.

Changes/Additions:

Ship metal now stacks to 10,000. It is also highly flammable and only has 1hp. So feel free to drop it near a fire to get rid of it. It is also nearly worthless.
Slag now makes iron instead of useless ship metal.
Dissembling mechanoids produces Steel, Iron and Wire.
Mechanoids don't drop anything when killed. They do explode however, so stand back. It's a small explosion, but will still seriously injure a colonist that gets caught in it.
Removed the 'shutdown' medical operation from Mechs. It would trigger the explosion, killing whoever 'shutdown' the mech.
Plant "blueprints" can be dragged in 2 dimensions, like floors.
Slightly changed the deer butchery recipe.
Added wire cost to buildings that should of had it but didn't.

In other words, changes very similar to what fals89 described in his post.

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of this for a name: From Stone to Steel?

EDIT2: Uploaded 'b' version. I had forgotten to change the mechanoid disassembly recipe time back to something reasonable.