[MOD] (Alpha 7) Neolithic Mod (v.0.96b)

Started by ItchyFlea, November 07, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Igabod

I like From Stone to Steel. I have actually grown accustomed to the Neolithic Mod name though.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on November 26, 2014, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 24, 2014, 07:52:01 PM
EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of this for a name: From Stone to Steel?

I Love it!

Ditch the From and I think I'm good with it. Make it cooler with numeric words.

STONE2STEEL MOD! Woo!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Halinder

I can see why this mod doesn't go well with others.

First, a lot of things still take ship metal.

And second, holy crap, what do you do when your second raid is a commando in full reactive and nano armor with an APB rifle? You club his legs out from under him, that's what.

Rikiki

QuoteAnd second, holy crap, what do you do when your second raid is a commando in full reactive and nano armor with an APB rifle?
Isn't it the *FUN* of playing with Randy Random? ;D

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Shinzy

From stone to steel sounds bit clumsy
Theeeerefore I suggest
waait for it!

Rockensteel! (Which sounds more like german punk band than anything but)
or maybe not ;D
if you go and wait long enough with the 'neolithic mod' you'll end up doing what I did with my mod -> grow fond of the project name and just keep with it
(I couldn't figure out a name for Apparello so I just used the word apparel and added lo in the end and I didn't even like how it rolled off the tongue. but it felt just wrong changing it afterwards)

Halinder

You could always go for the gentle reference to a previous point in history and call it the Old Beginnings mod.

But y'know, Neolithic works just fine.

StealthHunterX

Heres my pitch.
After crash landing on a rim world with no technology, you build a colony as you advance and evolve your colonies through the different ages of skill, time, and craftsmanship; Working your way back to technology

Rimworld: Evolution of Ages mod.<-Favorite
(or)Age of Evolution mod.
(or) Through the ages mod.

StealthHunterX

In one of the earlier build i was able to play this game no problem, and it was great. Now the game loads, but apart from the gui ts just a black screen, and the log shows, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
And some other few lines of code
I downloaded Duncan's mineable ores mod but that didn't help much. Any suggestions?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StealthHunterX on November 30, 2014, 01:22:53 AM
In one of the earlier build i was able to play this game no problem, and it was great. Now the game loads, but apart from the gui ts just a black screen, and the log shows, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
And some other few lines of code
I downloaded Duncan's mineable ores mod but that didn't help much. Any suggestions?
Find and delete your ModsConfig.xml file. You've probably got an incompatible mod activated along with this one.
Do not use Duncan's mineable ores mod with this. This mod already has it and having both activated will cause problems.

EDIT: 1000th post. ;D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 30, 2014, 05:17:30 AMEDIT: 1000th post. ;D

Congratumilations Planetologist Itchyflea! ;D
(and sorry for the spam, I''m tryna catch you up)
Edit: oh nevermind I must have already done it

Welcome to the Planetologists club!

Igabod

Quote from: Shinzy on November 30, 2014, 06:57:33 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 30, 2014, 05:17:30 AMEDIT: 1000th post. ;D

Congratumilations Planetologist Itchyflea! ;D
(and sorry for the spam, I''m tryna catch you up)
Edit: oh nevermind I must have already done it

Welcome to the Planetologists club!

I hate when you post things in 6pt font size... Even on my 42 inch HD monitor it's unreadable.

ItchyFlea

Just wondering what you guys thought of the secret item I added in v0.95?

Also, since it looks like A8 will be coming out soon (a flood of bugfixes are appearing on the changelog, which usually precede a release) I'm wondering if anybody is willing to help me update this to A8 when it is released?