[MOD] (Alpha 7) Neolithic Mod (v.0.96b)

Started by ItchyFlea, November 07, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 30, 2014, 11:12:55 PM
Just wondering what you guys thought of the secret item I added in v0.95?

Also, since it looks like A8 will be coming out soon (a flood of bugfixes are appearing on the changelog, which usually precede a release) I'm wondering if anybody is willing to help me update this to A8 when it is released?

If the secret item was the special hat it totally got me when I sawed it =P that is in a good way
Skullywag is all willing to help with the updates, I'm sure! he was bragging to me about how fast it took to update all his ones so ::)
(No I'm pretty sure he'd be up for it)

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

ItchyFlea

This one is going to take a fair while to update. I've done a large amount of work so far, but have encountered a large problem: The game generates ruins made of the new metals, including bronze.

This presents the huge problem of players being able to by-pass the stone and copper age and move directly into the bronze age. Unfortunately it is impossible to stop ruins from generating via simple .xml. :(

Since this is going to take some time, WIP builds that *might* work will be available for download over in the unfinished section mod thread, here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3303.0
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Duncan

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 10, 2014, 05:59:24 PM
large problem: The game generates ruins made of the new metals, including bronze.

I an look into this in the code if you want. I am away from my usual machine for the next two months though so I cant give a reliable eta.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Duncan on December 11, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
I an look into this in the code if you want. I am away from my usual machine for the next two months though so I cant give a reliable eta.
Tynan posted two things about this when I mentioned it during testing:

Quote from: Tynan on December 09, 2014, 09:45:24 PM
Here's the code that selects it:

protected ThingDef RandomWallStuff()
{
return DefDatabase<ThingDef>.AllDefs.Where( def=>def.IsStuff
&& def.stuffProps.CanMake( ThingDefOf.Wall )
&& def.BaseFlammability < 0.5f
&& (def.BaseMarketValue/def.stuffProps.volumePerUnit) < 15 )
.RandomElement();
}

So, not really, until you can modify the map genner in A9.

Quote from: Tynan on December 10, 2014, 12:03:51 AM
You could theoretically define it with a volumePerUnit of 16 and then change the def's volumePerUnit to your desired value on map load. A horrible hack, but, well, you have it there.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

Update:

I have decided to shelve this mod for the time being. Far too many things have simply been broken by Alpha 8.
Features broken by A8:
Metals. - The game generates ruins made out of the higher tier metals, breaking mod progression.
Plants. - The game simply dies if I attempt to make plants "buildable". (A workaround solution breaks the plants themselves, making them unharvestable.)

There are probably others. But with these two core features broken, there is no point continuing to find out what else is broken. :(