[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

popster99

Quote from: Kolljak on January 22, 2015, 06:08:55 PM
Igabod you seem to be good with plants and stuff would you be willing to help me with my Project?
http://i.imgur.com/gNCvtXg.png
its going to need alot of diffrent resources in it as its going to be quite complex and ive been trying to find and get people together to aid me. you EdB and Evul seem to be very talented :\
that look alot like tech tree minami i hope you get it working it looks awsome

ZeeOvenfresh

So yeah, I barely got through the Winter when I noticed a bottle of oil on one of my stoves. I thought, "hmm.. is someone making pie?" I zoomed in and saw that a strange number has tainted this particular bottle. I paid it no mind and deleted it via dev mode. Then later I found 3 more bottles with similar attributes. I notice that this bug happened when my colonists drank the oil. it causes the weirdest duplication Ive ever seen .

Two words my friends...
"lol wut?"

"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

Igabod

I've noticed that same error too, but don't know how to replicate it (mine didn't happen when someone drank it) and have no clue how to fix it. I appreciate you reporting it though. I'll be sure and get a fix for it as soon as one makes itself apparent.

[edit to add] The only way to prevent them from trying to use it and bugging out is to use the dev tools and destroy that stack. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

[edit again to add] Also, that is way more cooking oil than you will ever need. I usually just set the oil press to make until I get a full stack (which I thought was set to 20 but I may have missed that when I was making it).

[edit once again to add] A possible fix may be to open the Food_Defs.xml file in the defs/thingdefs folder and in the CookingOil item change <nutrition>0</nutrition> to a 1. I don't have time to test this fix right now, but I'll test it later and see if that works. If it does I'll release a hotfix patch.

Dragoon

hahaha lol what? (sorry it's not helping but that just made me feel better after seeing it!) that should be a meme.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Quote from: Dragoon on February 05, 2015, 04:28:26 PM
hahaha lol what? (sorry it's not helping but that just made me feel better after seeing it!) that should be a meme.

If you like that bug you should see the one where I turn the entire screen into a Tie-dyed freak show that would give any LSD user an acid flashback.

ZeeOvenfresh

Quote from: Igabod on February 05, 2015, 06:27:47 AM
I've noticed that same error too, but don't know how to replicate it (mine didn't happen when someone drank it) and have no clue how to fix it. I appreciate you reporting it though. I'll be sure and get a fix for it as soon as one makes itself apparent.

[edit to add] The only way to prevent them from trying to use it and bugging out is to use the dev tools and destroy that stack. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

[edit again to add] Also, that is way more cooking oil than you will ever need. I usually just set the oil press to make until I get a full stack (which I thought was set to 20 but I may have missed that when I was making it).

[edit once again to add] A possible fix may be to open the Food_Defs.xml file in the defs/thingdefs folder and in the CookingOil item change <nutrition>0</nutrition> to a 1. I don't have time to test this fix right now, but I'll test it later and see if that works. If it does I'll release a hotfix patch.

Actually I noticed that my colonists kept trying to eat or haul the bugged stack, what caused the copious amount of fluids was deconstructing the stove on which they were attempting to eat upon/ haul off of.
"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

Ramsis

ETA for update? Refusing to play and waiting for those orchards ;)
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Igabod

Quote from: Ramsis on February 20, 2015, 09:15:52 PM
ETA for update? Refusing to play and waiting for those orchards ;)

I'm currently working on fixing all the warnings and errors (there was a wall of them) and will probably be finished with that tonight. But there is a serious bug which prevents objects with multiple images (like trees) from loading that was introduced with the base game. I have to wait until Tynan releases a hotfix for that issue before I can release an updated version. The same is true for my biodiversity mod unfortunately. And the orchards have been put on hold for a while because they will take a lot of work and I am really busy for the next few months. I'll be moving across the country and there is a lot of stuff that needs to be taken care of before this summer.

Igabod

Tynan has released a hotfix for the bug that was stopping work on this mod. It also fixes a few other pretty important bugs that I hadn't encountered yet. You should all download version 9d, use the same link you used in the most recent email from SendOwl. I'll get back to working on this as soon as I finish watching the show I'm in the middle of.

Ramsis

Quote from: Igabod on February 21, 2015, 02:57:13 AM
Tynan has released a hotfix for the bug that was stopping work on this mod. It also fixes a few other pretty important bugs that I hadn't encountered yet. You should all download version 9d, use the same link you used in the most recent email from SendOwl. I'll get back to working on this as soon as I finish watching the show I'm in the middle of.

Good because at this point I truly do refuse to play RimWorld without your mod. The game needs more growth and your mod is the only one that feels right in that department so great work there friend.

Oh and hey, throw me your Skype/Steam name in a PM, we should chat at some point.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Igabod

Quote from: Ramsis on February 21, 2015, 08:02:58 AM
Quote from: Igabod on February 21, 2015, 02:57:13 AM

Good because at this point I truly do refuse to play RimWorld without your mod. The game needs more growth and your mod is the only one that feels right in that department so great work there friend.

Oh and hey, throw me your Skype/Steam name in a PM, we should chat at some point.

I appreciate the kind words. I'll do my best to try and get this done today. As for my Steam, I'm known as TheIgabod on there. Anybody is free to add me and send me messages. I'm almost always online on steam even when I'm not playing anything. I don't use skype though.

Igabod

Unfortunately I've hit another roadblock. Everything for the mod is updated now. But the issue with images not loading is still there for just the leafless tree images. The rest of the images work fine, but Tynan overlooked the leafless trees in his recent hotfix. So until he fixes that, this mod is halted once again. Hopefully he fixes this as quick as he did the previous one. I've already informed him of the issue though so all we can do is wait and see. Please don't get frustrated though guys. This is an Alpha build so these little hiccups are to be expected.

Yas

Quote from: Igabod on February 21, 2015, 04:46:49 PMThe rest of the images work fine, but Tynan overlooked the leafless trees in his recent hotfix. So until he fixes that, this mod is halted once again.

Meh? :( Are you aware what that does to my colony?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyycKC9rTYM

Banana shortage apocalypse! ... run for your life! No enhanced defences, no bananas. Thats hard days for my people.

Igabod

Quote from: Yas on February 21, 2015, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: Igabod on February 21, 2015, 04:46:49 PMThe rest of the images work fine, but Tynan overlooked the leafless trees in his recent hotfix. So until he fixes that, this mod is halted once again.

Meh? :( Are you aware what that does to my colony?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyycKC9rTYM

Banana shortage apocalypse! ... run for your life! No enhanced defences, no bananas. Thats hard days for my people.

Lol, thanks for sharing that video link. Made my day. But don't worry, there will be more than enough bananas for every one of my minions as soon as Tynan sees my message and releases another hotfix.

Igabod

Update for A9 is available. It turns out the error messages weren't due to a bug in the code but were due to a change that isn't visible in the XML so I didn't know about it until Tynan pointed out the problem. This is the first release of the new Alpha so there may be some bugs or balance issues. Please report anything weird that you find in this mod.