[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

maser4

I installed this mod into my mod folder but the mod did not work (as in it was like the mod wasn't even downloaded.)I did check to make sure it was activated. If someone could post a guide on how to download this awesome mod that would be great.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

MsMeiriona

Ok, now I'm confused. I know at one point the traders would carry olives and sunflower seeds, but it's not happening at all recently. WTF? Getting enough cooking oil is tough. In fact, they only seem to reliably sell grape seeds. Just bad luck or something I can tweak in code?

Igabod

Quote from: maser4 on March 14, 2015, 06:50:03 PM
I installed this mod into my mod folder but the mod did not work (as in it was like the mod wasn't even downloaded.)I did check to make sure it was activated. If someone could post a guide on how to download this awesome mod that would be great.

Be sure you have the latest version of the game, or at least version 9d. And follow the instructions HERE. You will need 7zip to unpackage the file provided in the download link, then move the contents of the download into the mods folder.

Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 14, 2015, 11:02:39 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. I know at one point the traders would carry olives and sunflower seeds, but it's not happening at all recently. WTF? Getting enough cooking oil is tough. In fact, they only seem to reliably sell grape seeds. Just bad luck or something I can tweak in code?

It's probably just bad luck since I haven't changed anything regarding their trade-ability, but growing sunflowers is most likely going to be your easiest source for the cooking oil. Just plant a 5x5 or 6x6 patch of sunflowers and you should have enough seeds for a small to medium sized colony.

MsMeiriona

Must have been bad luck and/or mod ordering, just got a trader with plenty of olives for me, but yeah, sunflowers are how I keep my oil stash. I actually use sunflowers to line the fields borders. I'll have a 3x3 potato/rice/corn whatever, and around/between the plots I do sunflowers.

Kagemusha12

Thanks for the mod ... I like it :)

With the exception of the pies however ...
they seem to be a  little bit expensive for the result.

You invest 75 olives (for the oil), 15 units of he pies name giver (for example lemons) and 5 units of sugar cane (compared to just 5 units of meat and 5 units of vegetables for a fine meal).
And you produce a single serving of pie, that has a lower nutritional value than a even a simple meal (50 vs 70) and gives only 2 points more satisfaction than a fine meal (7 points vs 5 points) 

IMHO there should be something that justifies the huge investment in resources and work, for example the production of pies resulting in multiple servings (after all, in reality you never produce a single slice of pie, but a whole pie, that easily can nourish 4 or more people)

Addendum:
One thing that seems to be buggy is planting sugar canes in a growing zone.
In contrast to growing zones of other plants (which get automatically harvested by the colonists as soon as the plants are harvestable) the growing zone for sugar canes doesn´t seem to get the "harvest"-flag as soon as the sugar canes are harvestable.
My colonists won´t harvest the sugar cane field, until I manually have designated the field for harvest.

(another strange thing with regards to sugar cane: while in the beginning month of my colony I had a lot of sugar canes in the wild, they have vanished, one after the other, with no replacement being grown ... since maybe march I wasn´t able to find a single sugar cane in the wild anymore (we now have july and there still is no sugar cane in the wild ... only the cane in my growing zone))

Igabod

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on March 20, 2015, 03:42:55 AM
Thanks for the mod ... I like it :)

With the exception of the pies however ...
they seem to be a  little bit expensive for the result.

You invest 75 olives (for the oil), 15 units of he pies name giver (for example lemons) and 5 units of sugar cane (compared to just 5 units of meat and 5 units of vegetables for a fine meal).
And you produce a single serving of pie, that has a lower nutritional value than a even a simple meal (50 vs 70) and gives only 2 points more satisfaction than a fine meal (7 points vs 5 points) 

IMHO there should be something that justifies the huge investment in resources and work, for example the production of pies resulting in multiple servings (after all, in reality you never produce a single slice of pie, but a whole pie, that easily can nourish 4 or more people)

Addendum:
One thing that seems to be buggy is planting sugar canes in a growing zone.
In contrast to growing zones of other plants (which get automatically harvested by the colonists as soon as the plants are harvestable) the growing zone for sugar canes doesn�t seem to get the "harvest"-flag as soon as the sugar canes are harvestable.
My colonists won�t harvest the sugar cane field, until I manually have designated the field for harvest.

(another strange thing with regards to sugar cane: while in the beginning month of my colony I had a lot of sugar canes in the wild, they have vanished, one after the other, with no replacement being grown ... since maybe march I wasn�t able to find a single sugar cane in the wild anymore (we now have july and there still is no sugar cane in the wild ... only the cane in my growing zone))

I'll probably increase the output of the pies recipe to 4 slices of pie. As for the sugar cane being unharvestable and not respawning, I don't see any reason that should be the case, it is identical to any other plant except for the harvest output and the texture. I've never had any problems with the harvesting thing and I never noticed the respawn issue, but I'll see if I can replicate that and then try to fix it. I appreciate the feedback, please keep it coming. :)

Igabod

New update is available. Delete the old Xtra Plants folder before installing this. Old savegames will work fine with this update since I didn't add anything. What I did is I changed the output of pie recipes to 4 and I increased the lifespan of sugarcane plants to 30 days. I can't fix the issue with colonists not auto-harvesting the plants, it seems none of the new plants are auto-harvested. I'm not sure when this started being the case, but it seems to be that Tynan made the auto-harvest thing hard-coded to only work on vanilla plants. I'll continue to look into this and hopefully provide a fix for it in the future, but until then you just have to use the harvest designation tool.

Kagemusha12

Thanks a lot.

While still on the resource expensive site, now there is a good reason to make pies (i.e. because the cook only needs to do 2 work steps to produce 4 units of food), making pies competitive to other means of food

ProtoTypeRaavyn

viktoria.s

Hi,

I wanted to try this mod so I have updated it to alpha 10. I tried to match the definition to harmonize with the alpha 10 style of growing plants. (For example I made the grape wine take more time to grow, because in alpha 10 everything grows more slow.) I didn't tested it in a long game play, but I hope it works OK. I have attached the updated mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Adamiks

Igabod

Quote from: ProtoTypeRaavyn on May 09, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
Anyone know if he plans on Updating to 10?

Sorry, but this mod has been placed on temporary hold along with my Biodiversity mod and any other modding related work. I am currently in the middle of moving from Texas to Georgia and I'm the only one who is capable of packing an entire house full of stuff that was collected over the past 20 years. I'll be making the actual move on June 1st and will need a few days to a week to get settled in. But after that I'll be able to put some more time into modding. By that time I suspect alpha 11 will be released or sometime soon after. So the odds are not good that I'll be able to get this updated for 10. But luckily viktoria.s seems to have done that for me. And another user updated the Biodiversity mod for me as well. So hopefully those will do for you until I can get free time again. Sadly I've been so busy that I haven't even been able to play a game of alpha 10 beyond the testing phase in updating my other mods that I had the time to do before this big rush.

pktongrimworld

cool, saved me days of work *cause I am newb and all.

pktongrimworld

Quote from: Igabod on May 28, 2015, 02:18:23 PM
Quote from: ProtoTypeRaavyn on May 09, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
Anyone know if he plans on Updating to 10?

Sorry, but this mod has been placed on temporary hold along with my Biodiversity mod and any other modding related work. I am currently in the middle of moving from Texas to Georgia and I'm the only one who is capable of packing an entire house full of stuff that was collected over the past 20 years. I'll be making the actual move on June 1st and will need a few days to a week to get settled in. But after that I'll be able to put some more time into modding. By that time I suspect alpha 11 will be released or sometime soon after. So the odds are not good that I'll be able to get this updated for 10. But luckily viktoria.s seems to have done that for me. And another user updated the Biodiversity mod for me as well. So hopefully those will do for you until I can get free time again. Sadly I've been so busy that I haven't even been able to play a game of alpha 10 beyond the testing phase in updating my other mods that I had the time to do before this big rush.

is cool,

and we love your mods :D