[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

skullywag

Wow ok so I got ahead of myself, the harvesting is hidden away in the deep dark depths (the plant class has no havestedthing on it so its on the jobdriver or something, no way ot see that code) so doing it on destroy would be the only way which i believe youre doing now already. ugh....soz.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on November 17, 2014, 05:36:40 PM
Wow ok so I got ahead of myself, the harvesting is hidden away in the deep dark depths (the plant class has no havestedthing on it so its on the jobdriver or something, no way ot see that code) so doing it on destroy would be the only way which i believe youre doing now already. ugh....soz.

Okay, well I appreciate you trying anyway. :)

JonoRig

I think i have found the issue. The trees only go wonky when i make the World map size the biggest size (not sure about the middles, but its ok on default, and game map size seems to not affect)

Igabod

Quote from: JonoRig on November 19, 2014, 10:13:42 AM
I think i have found the issue. The trees only go wonky when i make the World map size the biggest size (not sure about the middles, but its ok on default, and game map size seems to not affect)

I just tested it and was unable to replicate the issue by creating a world map with the max size. I tested with all map sizes on that world and everything loaded perfectly fine in all of them. Though it could be an issue with your computer not being powerful enough to load the images or something. My computer is powerful enough that I only experience minor lag on the biggest map size when I zoom out all the way and scroll around really fast.

JonoRig

Yeah, i dont know whats causing it, i only just know when it happens for me :( i just regen'd the world map at the 200x whatever it is, and it works. just thought i would let you know in case :)

Igabod

I appreciate the report. I'll keep trying to replicate this and see if I can fix it. But it seems like there is still a piece of the puzzle missing.

JonoRig

If you want system specs, ill need to know how to do the full details, but i have an old Alienware Mx17, i think its 17 anyway; and other info is in picture

mods are still the same as before, but i have removed "betterquality"

edit, forget the graphics card which i think is a GT 240m; whole thing is maybe 6 years old? or 5 years

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Igabod

Two new trees have been added. The Ironwood tree which is found in all biomes (though not as common as the other trees) and the Weeping Willow tree which can only be found in the dry biomes (Arid Shrubland and Desert). I only created one texture for the weeping willow for now, but will probably update with a few more versions in the coming weeks if my schedule allows. As always, the numbers may need a little tweaking to get it right so please leave feedback.

[edit to add] I will add screenshots of the new trees in game later today when my schedule frees up a little.

[edit again to add] screenshot updated. the trees are shown from top to bottom in alphabetical order.

StorymasterQ

Does the Weeping Willow have a hidden tunnel underneath that leads to a Shrieking Shack?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 20, 2014, 07:49:33 PM
Does the Weeping Willow have a hidden tunnel underneath that leads to a Shrieking Shack?

That's obviously a reference to something, but I don't know what.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Igabod on November 20, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

Well, it was the Whomping version. From the pictures it looks like a Weeping Willow with bad hair.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 20, 2014, 08:48:02 PM
Quote from: Igabod on November 20, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

Well, it was the Whomping version. From the pictures it looks like a Weeping Willow with bad hair.

Ah, Harry Potter is something I've not read nor have I seen any except one of the movies which I was forced to watch and didn't enjoy.

skullywag

Does the ironwood tree drop metal? If it does consider that in alpha 8 its called steel, that might be a bit wrong for a tree to drop steel. If it doesnt and its just a name then ignore me.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on November 21, 2014, 04:23:25 AM
Does the ironwood tree drop metal? If it does consider that in alpha 8 its called steel, that might be a bit wrong for a tree to drop steel. If it doesnt and its just a name then ignore me.

Nope, it's just a name of a real tree that has wood which is strong like iron. Just a good source of wood. It provides quite a bit more wood than any of the other trees unless I nerfed that number. I held onto that tree for a couple weeks so I don't remember what I set the numbers as.