[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Igabod

StorymasterQ

Bananas don't grow on trees! It's an herb! (fakerage!) :D The things I learn.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 26, 2014, 07:15:51 PM
Bananas don't grow on trees! It's an herb! (fakerage!) :D The things I learn.

You are correct, but it looks like a tree so it is called a tree. I didn't actually think anybody would know that without having studied botany at least as much as I have though. Good on you for spreading knowledge.

Also, in case you are ever lost in a jungle in real life and can't find clean water, you can cut a banana plant down close to the base and dig out a small bowl in the stump and fresh clean water will slowly collect in that bowl. It's not a lot but it can save your life. Plus it actually tastes pretty decent, far better than most water you'll find out in the wild. This has been a friendly tip from your favorite rimworld modding survival expert.

Igabod

Updated for Alpha 8. I also reduced file size a bit. I left my textures for the pine trees in the package for the time being just in case anybody likes those better than the new vanilla textures, but I used the vanilla textures for the mod because I happen to think they are better. This mod will be updated again within the next few days to include the leafless textures for the trees, but I've got too many things to do right now to work on that. This update hasn't been tested fully so there may be a few problems that I'm not aware of just yet, so please report any issues you come across.

Oh yeah, and I also added Bamboo which can only be grown in a growing zone currently but will probably be added as a wild plant to some biomes.

StorymasterQ

I legit just read the title of this thread as Xmas Trees.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 10, 2014, 09:10:18 PM
I legit just read the title of this thread as Xmas Trees.

Funny you should mention that, because I started this with the pine trees and was going to add in some Christmas tree items that could be built in the home. I never got around to doing the texture for that yet though and possibly won't.

zyklame

I found some small errors in the xml definitions.

In "Fruit_Defs.xml"

<baseMarketValue>3.5</baseMarketValue>
    <statBases>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
    </statBases>

should be changed to:
    <statBases>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
      <MarketValue>3.5</MarketValue>
    </statBases>

and

<storeCategories>
      <li>PlantFoodRaw</li>
    </storeCategories>

should be changed to:
        <thingCategories>
      <li>PlantFoodRaw</li>
    </thingCategories>

at last in "Plants_Wild_Temperate.xml"
<sowableGround>true</sowableGround>
semms not to be needed anymore and can be removed

Igabod

Thank you for the report. I noticed those issues last night on one of my other mods and fixed those already but didn't get around to checking this mod out yet. I'll get on that as soon as I have some free time tonight.

[edit to add] I don't have a Plants_Wild_Temperate.xml file so I assume you meant Tree_Defs.xml

Igabod

Okay, fixed the errors that were reported. Please let me know if I missed anything else. :)

Igabod

Big update! Added in my flowers mod and renamed the Xtra Trees mod to Xtra Plants. This mod will contain all of my plant related mods. For what is new in this update see the change log at the bottom of the original post. Please leave feedback of any kind. If you don't like something, please tell me and I'll try to improve it. If you do like something, please let me know and give me a big ego boost. :)

[edit to add] for some reason the forum isn't allowing attachment uploads so just use the v3.0 Dropbox Download Link for now.

[edit again to add] v3.0 is now available in attachment form for those of you who dislike clicking a 3rd party link.

Dave-In-Texas

i find myself wishing the pine trees harvested as pine wood not regular wood and bamboo as well, bamboo.   of course i'm spoiled by extended wood working :)

Igabod

I might be able to whip up a compatibility patch soon. I'll put it on my list of things to do.

[edit to add] I made a quick edit to make the pine trees drop pine logs. There is no already existing log in Extended Woodworking for any of the other trees I have added though so those won't be in this. However, if ItchyFlea wants to incorporate this mod into his mod then I am all for it. We can even work together and come up with more sources of wood if that's something he is interested in. Anyway, the edited file is attached to this post now. Just open up the mod/defs/thingdefs/ folder and replace the file there with this one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MaxtheINFINITE

B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Igabod

Quote from: MaxtheINFINITE on December 17, 2014, 06:26:17 AM
Nice mod,the pink trees make my planet look Japanese <3.

If you like that then you'll like my next tree that I just finished for the next update. Japanese Maple. It is going to be a very rare tree. I meant for the cherryblossom trees to be even more rare than they are, but I just liked seeing them so much that I left them as pretty common. These Japanese Maple trees will be a lot less common though. But with the bright red foliage, they tend to stick out quite a lot so it's better that they are rare.

[edit to add] Attached a sneak peek at one version of it. :)

[attachment deleted due to age]